We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ocean coral and turquesa or now jade

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
michigan
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ocean coral and turquesa or now jade

going in feb which is the better resort

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ocean coral and turquesa or now jade

I just chose NJ over OCT for April. We stayed in OCT last year and were happy. I would go back but I am not dying to. What do you look for in a resort? Do you travel as a single couple, or family. I travel as a family mostly. If you have OCT questions I will be happy to answer but NJ I only know what I have read and looked at.

I am going to NJ believing it is a higer end resort than OCT. I am also paying 28% more (resort only) than I did for OCT last year. I wont know if I am correct until I go.

Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ocean coral and turquesa or now jade

Depends on what you like. Stayed at OCT last winter., 2 weeks. Would recommenrd it to some people but we hated it . It is a 2 class hotel and if you are not VIP ( Privilege) , you get second class services ( bar, Internet etc) you can't eat at the restaurant by the beach in the morning, with a BEAUTIFUL open air section ( for Privilege guests only) , only the air conditionned cafereria, no live mexican music, but . lounge type . Staff really nice. Grounds beautiful, rooms great , very clean, but open bathroom so having a bath you can't close the door because there is none. Beautiful balconies. Beautiful spa, Beach OK some rocks in water but ew had 2 wks of wind, unusual for theseason and the area, ( Mother nature...), nice palapas for chade and chairs ( with the wonderful luxury of bending at the knee, Sooo comfortable, hope all hotels catch on. VIP section with better service, beds etc.

Edited: 8:20 pm, January 06, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ocean coral and turquesa or now jade

Have stayed at both depends what you like...Jade was very quiet and boring it seemed everyone went to bed around 9pm....OT a little funner actually I rebooked for OT in April.....would not go back to Jade

4. Re: ocean coral and turquesa or now jade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, January 16, 2012