We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Coral - evening outings

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Barrie, Ontario
5 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Coral - evening outings

Our group of 10 in our 30's, are heading to Ocean Coral mid January. I understand that there is no disco on site. Are there any neighbouring hotels that would have disco access? Are there any tour operators that offer a 'bar crawl' to Cancun or Playa Del Carmen? I know a lot of places have similar tours to Coco Bongos or Senior Frogs.

We usually are too tired to go out at night after a fun filled day in the sun, but would like to get out 1 or 2 nights for a change.

Any input appreciated :)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
251 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Coral - evening outings

I think you will have to take a cab into one of the bigger cities. There isn't any night life. Perhaps there is a company you could hire/rent a bus from to travel with a large group. OCT really had no night life.

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Coral - evening outings

Thanks MDRtanner.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Coral - evening outings

Hey fellow Barrie person, well I'm close to Barrie. Most All Inclusive hotels do not allow non guests access to their discos as there is no cash bar. There is lots to do in PDC which is a short taxi ride away.

maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Coral - evening outings

We stayed at the OCT last Apr. and we took a cab ride down to PDC for $60.00 RT. at first I thought this was high...but let me tell you our driver dropped us off at 6pm and said he would be waiting(gave us specific area to be at) to give us a ride back at 9pm. and we did'nt need to pay till we got back to the OCT. We only went to shop not to go out to clubs. There was four of us and we had a fast but comfortable ride in a nice new car and the driver was very personable. Just remember if you take a cab negotiate your price before you leave. The OCT has beach parties and music and dancing down by the pool bar on certain nights. and I believe that on some nights the entertainment staff will take you down to PDC Coco Bongos(for a fee) but I think you need to find your own ride back. Not to sure on that though. Have Fun!

5. Re: Ocean Coral - evening outings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 23, 2011