We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather at SERC

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Bonfield
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather at SERC

I am getting a little concerned about the weather while we are on our trip. I looked at the 10 day forcast and its suppose to rain the first three days we will be thier. My question is what is it like in the Carribean when it rains, kind of like Florida rain when it rains for two hours and then its sunny and 80 for two hours and just keeps this pattern up or is it just an all day down pour? Obviously it depends on the day but what have been some of your experiences with rainy days.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather at SERC

Never trust the weather report for Cancun.

IF it does rain, typically it will be for an hour or so, then bright and sunny the rest of the time.

It almost always calls for rain but rarely matches the forecast.

Bonfield
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather at SERC

Thanks Cubs guy that makes me feel a little better. Glad to see anouther Cubs fan on the board.

oakville
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather at SERC

for the last 5 years we have been going to Cancun Lastyear the day before we leftthe forcast was for rain everyday needless to say I was issed but as it turns out we had beautiful weather as we had each time we went.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather at SERC

They called for 30%-50% chance of rain the whole week we were at SERC. It rained two times the whole week. Once it rained for about an hour while we were inside eating dinner and another time it rained when we were on the beach for about 20 minutes but it was just a light rain and it felt quite good to get a little wet. Mostly light rain showers are what they call for on most days with chance of storms. Seems to be the normal forecast for an average day in Mexico!

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather at SERC

I think the weather forecast for Cancun and surrounding areas is the same as in FL. They always call for a little bit of rain. We had one rainy day, and the rest were gorgeous - eventhough the forecast called for rain and clouds.