We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Coral Restaurant Reservations

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Armagh
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Coral Restaurant Reservations

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I was looking at the hotels privilage service and although I love the perks it offers it is just too expensive for me and my partner. Anyone been able to negotiate this before?

As its unlikely I will probably get an affordable deal to go privilage could anyone advise if reservations are required at all restaurants or just a couple?

Also what beer and vodka is available to normal guests?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
70 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Coral Restaurant Reservations

We were at the resort in March and went privilege. I think how it worked for reservations for non privilege guests was there were 2 restaurants each day that required reservations. The other restaurants you could just show up at and the wait would vary.

If you are able to get the privilege, I would recommend it. We were able to make reservations at all of the restaurants so we never needed to wait. We could make the reservations in the morning over the phone or make them days in advance. It was great! We got a great deal through travelocity on our room that included the privilege upgrade.

Not sure about the vodka choices. Corona is in the lobby bar and is at the Villa Marina restaurant which is right by the beach. You can get it served to you on the beach, (not the privilege beach) or grab it yourself! I'm assuming Corona is also served at the pools. The rooms and privilege lounge have a canned beer. Can't remember the name for sure...Caseja???

Good Luck and have a great trip!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Coral Restaurant Reservations

Just returned for OCT and was not in privilage. Vodka I drank Smirnoff also had another name option sorry can't remember. Husband drank rum which was Bacardi. All beer is Corona. The Japanese and Italian restaurants (Italian was horrible) are the only ones that require reservations. They changed the way the reservations work halfway through the week. You show up at the restaurants when you want to eat and they give you a pager and page you when your table is ready. We would just sit at the bar for a little while and wait. Never had a problem getting into any of the other restaurants just showed up when we wanted to eat and got right in. In my opinion don't pay the extra money for the upgrade, unless you get a great deal.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
198 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Coral Restaurant Reservations

Do they now do the page system for all restaurants since this change happened? we will be there in 18 days and was kinda stressing about the reservation system and info would be helpful, thanks!

Armagh
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Coral Restaurant Reservations

Thanks for the replies folks.

Think I will be happy enough with non privilege with the pager system in place. Also smirnoff vodka is what I drink anyhow so no need to upgrade for the spirits then

Wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Coral Restaurant Reservations

If OCT is now using a pager system for dinner reservations will the guests staying in a privilage room still be able to make reservations proir to dinner?

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,417 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Coral Restaurant Reservations

Wild08, when staying in a Privelage room, just go to the Privelage Lounge and make your reservations. As soon as you walk in the door, there is a receptionest there. Tell her what Restaurant and what time you want. It is very simple and covienent.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Coral Restaurant Reservations

The privilage guests are still allowed to make reservations and can show up when wanted. No they do not have pagers for all restaurants just the Japanese and Italian. I never had any problems getting into the other restaurants whenever I wanted.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
203 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Coral Restaurant Reservations

Just returned from OCT Thursday and as far as reservations go, I was not priveleged and had no problem getting into any of the restruants to eat. At he Sensai (Japanese) they reserve 1 show table for privelege guests and 1 for general guests with first come first serve. I talked to someone at the resort and they stated reservation system changed in the past week or so when someone had a w/o a resveration tipped the door man a few bucks and got to cut into line and almost caused a rumble. Since then no reservations accepted except for priveleged. First come first serve, no problem just if you want a show table get there early(room for only 16).

Edited: 10:11 pm, April 10, 2010
Green Bay, WI
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Coral Restaurant Reservations

We were there the week before Easter and never had a long wait for any of the restaurants. They told us an hour, and then it ended up being 25 minutes. We found the Italian and Mexican were really good. My steak at the steak place was really bad, but everything else there was really good.

10. Re: Ocean Coral Restaurant Reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 09, 2010