We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Coral Questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Coral Questions

Hello,

My husband and I have planned a trip to this resort, and I have several questions for anyone who may be able to help!

1. My husband has a shellfish allergy. Anyone experienced any problems with this?

2. Is there an area with ping pong, pool etc,?

3. I haven't read anything about nighttime entertainment. Other AI's I've stayed at have had great shows to watch while drinking a cocktail. I've only seen one picture of a very small theater for this resort. Anything going on after dark?

4. Any perks for going on our anniversary?

5. And finally! Last trip to Mexico, we had a TERRIBLE time with the transfer company we used. Any suggestions for a cheap, reliable ride to and from the airport?

Thanks so much for all the help!

Ashley

Murchison, Texas
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Coral Questions

Even though we haven't been to this resort yet, I have done a lot of research so I think I can answer a couple of questions...........

As far as shellfish allergy goes, I would just stay away from the food directly beside the seafood on the buffet, I would think that there wouldn't be a issue with this in the sit down restraunts, but it would'nt hurt to tell your server, :)

don't know about pingpong, there are four pools from what I here..........

I think the nightly entertainment may equal the normal AI's, I would hope it would be a little above normal! Grand Sirenis was pretty pathetic!! But if that's all I have to gripe about then I am in good shape! I think they have kareoke...... if you are there next week, you'll see me, the queen of kareoke!!LOL!

Let them know about your anniversary, I'm sure they would put in some free perks.

We usually book through companies like worryfreevacations.com, funjet, apple, (we're going with worryfree this time) and I usually just use the free shuttle with whatever company that I book with...... OC&T isn't very far from Cancun airport, so I feel like anyone that you use would'nt be too bad since you'll be closer than Playa and anything south. Last year it took us almost 1 & 1/2 hours because our resort was so far down south, plus dropping other people off. But this time I'm not worried about it, real close IMO! Hope I helped a little with your questions!

Shannon

2 MORE NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

York, Maine
Level Contributor
909 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Coral Questions

I was there last month....

1. No experience with shellfish allergies.

2. They have ping pong, I don't remember if they have pool tables (I'm assuming that's what you meant...not swimming pools), although they MIGHT in the sports bar, I just can't remember, I'm sorry. They have a list of daily activities near the activity pool, next to the towel hut. There is stuff going on all day.

3. Usually every night there is something going on around the pool with the swim up bar, music and stuff, different themes, and sometimes vendors selling things. the nightly theater entertainment sucked.

4. Email them ahead of time, I'm sure they'll probably leave you some champagne and rose petals or something of the sort. We got a free upgarde to a Master Suite and the only thing I told them is we were there celebrating my boyfriends birthday which was a couple days prior.

5. I HIGHLY recommend doing your transfer thru Brant's. We've used them 3 times, they have never let us down and are very easy to use and friendly. Their website is:

entertainment-plus.net/tour_transport.cfm

Have a great trip!! : )

Kentucky
Level Contributor
71 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Coral Questions

We were there in May for our Anniversary. They gave us fruit and a bottle of Champagne. They do have Ping Pong (2) tables. Yes, you are right about the theater, it is very small, and very hot. We went one night and decided it wasn't worth it! They do have alot going on at the Party pool at night and most things happening in the lobby at night. We never attended. Nothing like other AI's entertainment. Can't advise on transfers, we went thru Vacation Express and they have their own. I don't think there were pool tables in the Sports bar, just food and drinks-TV's. Keep in mind the Sports bar only opens at 10:30pm. Mike's coffee is open until 10:00pm

Have a great time, it is what you make of it!

4. Re: Ocean Coral Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, December 18, 2009