We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers to SERC.. HELP Please

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Appleton, WI
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
First timers to SERC.. HELP Please

My wife and I are going the first week of May for our 7th anniversary. I would love it if some of you that have been there could give me a list of must do's, must see's, must eat's and must drink's?

Also, I would like a breakdown of the clothing optional policy/areas at the resort. My wife and I have never been to a resort with clothing optional areas and we are curious as to what we should expect (i.e. pushy people, perverted single men staring).

Would love opinions and advice... Thanks very much in advance!!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timers to SERC.. HELP Please

I'm going in a few weeks so I can let you know when I get back about the food and drinks. I would eat at every restaurant if you can and ask the bartenders about the drinks they always seem to have their own special drink! I don't think there is much clothing optional areas at SERC. You can't go topless inside the resort at all. You can go topless on the beach but there will not be alot of that from what others have said. Not very many single people around at this area but I don't know about at Paradisus next door. We have been to Mexico before but we never left the resort and never saw anyone topless but it just could have been that we mostly laid out by the pool instead of the beach, since I don't really like getting in the ocean. This resort should be couples for the most part and alot of honeymooners and anniversary's and just couples getting away from the kids. Don't worry too much about the staring or perverted singles.

georgia
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First timers to SERC.. HELP Please

The resort is very nice. Don't think you could find a place in the whole resort where you would feel uncomfortable. Only saw one topless sunbather on the beach the whole week we were there and to be honest, wasn't much to look at. I even went looking for the ice machine one night at midnight and did not feel one bit uncomforatble.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
114 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timers to SERC.. HELP Please

We stayed at the SERC for one week, two weeks ago. It is the nicest place we've ever been. We only left the resort once and went into Playa De Carmen shopping. The food at the SERC is excellant, all restaurants. They do have a list of suggested drinks but they will also make whatever you want.

The resort has a policy posted at the pools, "swim suits....tops and bottoms are to be worn at all times", I never saw anyone topless, even on the beach.

This is a couples only resort and everyone I saw was married. There were a lot of honeymooners and anniversary celebrators. I did see one lesbian couple but no perverted or pushy people. Everyone was really nice. You can easily meet new friends or have a quiet vacation to yourself.

Have a great trip!