We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Coral and Turquesa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minnesota
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Coral and Turquesa

I am staying at the Ocean Coral and Turquesa from February 28th through March 7. I (mom)am going with my daughters (ages 14 and 17). This is our first trip to Mexico and anywhere else for that matter. I would appreciate any suggestions! How much cash should I bring? Do I pay for taxi rides with American money or credit cards or Mexican Money? We plan on going to Excaret one day and am wondering how I pay for that! We were suppose to go with friends but with the economy they backed out. What will there be for my daughters to do? Any information would be greatly welcomed.

Racine, WI
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa

You will all find plenty to do. I'd suggest you bring some cash for tipping, excursions, shopping, etc. A few hundred should do. There are safes in most rooms. If you need more, there's always tyme machines.

You can book most excursions through the Funjet/Apple desks in the lobby of most every resort. Take advantage of this. If you don't want to do excursions, there's always something to do during the day at the resort, volleyball (beach and pool), pool activities. Bring books & magazines to read when relaxing in the sun or shade. I've also found at most places there is a mini-library of books that other guests have left behind. Very nice.

My daughters read several books during our week together that they would have not done at home due to their activities and work schedules. It's very relaxing for them.

Enjoy your time together! I think we laughed so much during our week my stomach hurt. I have great memories. I'm sure you will too.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa

I recently took a teenage girl on vacation. I was worried she might be bored without anyone else her age. She was not. She got Henna tatoos, she laid in the sun and listened to her Ipod, she read books, she talked to other teens she loved the excursions.

I would recommend xel-ha and a zip-line tour. Shopping in Playa del Carmen is very nice too. I would bring about $500.00 and a credit card. I always bring at least $50.oo in $1 bills for tipping. Don't exchange your money for pesos stick with dollars. have fun!

3. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, October 17, 2009