We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about dress code at EDR

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Indiana
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Question about dress code at EDR

I noticed on EDR's website, it said that you aren't supposed to wear tank tops to the restaurants in the evening. I have some nice dressy tank tops that I like to wear with skirts - are those not allowed?

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about dress code at EDR

Hi,

Assuming you are female...just about anything goes. I think they are referring to men when they say, "no tank tops" for dinner.

I was surprised to see what some guys had on at La Isla, one evening. Baseball caps, sloppy short-sleeve (not tank top) T-shirts, shorts and Birkenstock type sandals. Maybe because it was one of the outdoor restaurants...I don't know, but nothing was said to them.

Newport News, VA
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about dress code at EDR

At the Open Air restaurants, La Isla, Fuentes, and JoJo's dress shorts are allowed for men. The dress policies are mainly to keep us guys looking as sharp as our lovely partners. I think you'd be fine in your dressy "sleeveless" tops.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about dress code at EDR

dwright,

You said exactly what I was thinking...just sounds better coming from a guy.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about dress code at EDR

We were there in March and my husband was turned away at Fuentes for wearing dress shorts.

Newport News, VA
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about dress code at EDR

My mistake, instead of saying Feuntes, I meant Fondue. The Open Air places accept "smart" Bermuda shorts.

St Louis MO
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about dress code at EDR

Fuentas Fondue and Kampi at one time were openair restaurants at one time this may be why the confusion.

Cajun Country
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about dress code at EDR

Is Fuentas & Fondue now glassed in?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,707 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about dress code at EDR

Fuentas certainly is glassed in now

St Louis MO
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about dress code at EDR

Sorry didnt mean to put Fondue. I am not sure about it. But the others mentions are. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my brain @ 4:30 in the morning. LOL

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
509 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about dress code at EDR

Fondue is open air, it is the smallest restaurant there, we found is so romantic and cosy, Richardo our waiter was lovely. We s did so love this place..

Tracey..