We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Webkatz- why??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Northern Suburb of...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Webkatz- why??

For such a "seems to be" intelligent man why do you try to push

peoples buttons?

I think your time is better spent trying to save the world

in other ways. SERC is built and people are flocking to it

even though you would rather it not be the case.

Please try to get over it.

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Webkatz- why??

What, we don't all get to express our opinions here? Like it said before, elang can dish it out, he ought to be able to take it.

I don't have anything to "get over." Yes, SERC is a done deal, but based on my experience and recent user comments it sound like they've got a pretty damned serious waste problem (which is why there was huge local resistance to it in the first place).

I would like them to remedy this before more people get ill, and (as importantly) before it kills off part of the 2nd longest reef in the world.

That's exactly how intelligent men try to save the world.

Dave

Northern Suburb of...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Webkatz- why??

Web

I knew why you were upset from before.

But it is too late to stop SERC and people are going to

go there no matter what.

If they have any problem going on it will be up to the Secrets

Resort managment to fix it..not you badgering people on this

forum.

I suggest you take the time to inform the hotel of your

complaints if you are indeed serious...not take it out on

people that just want to get away and have a nice vacation.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Webkatz- why??

I take it just fine...but to be honest I do not dish anything out...I give my opinion. You are the one who dishes insults, threats, etc. I have as much a right to be on here an voice my thoughts of what people say, I don't judge the hotel yet, just what people say. I do not, like you, pretend to be something I am not, give false reviews based on biased agendas. This is supposed to be unbiased and call me the unbiased police but searching out the truth with people like you on here makes the truth hard to find or hard to determine. At least I stay away from being nasty even though you give me reason to, I know people here probably appreciate at least that much.

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Webkatz- why??

I've been that own that route already. Short story is that AM's (parent company) management knows and doesn't really care. The locals and the several Mexican environmental groups fought the development. But they keep doing it because people will keep coming there anyway. Nice, eh?

No badgering intended. Go where you want to go. But if Disney were where dumping raw water into your aquifer, wouldn't you want to know? Would you still go there?

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Webkatz- why??

elang8 - you can't handle the truth, you just reject it out of hand, so please quit asking.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Webkatz- why??

I candle the truth just fine, we just are not getting it because of people like you who just want to stir things up from the comfort of their computer screen. And to say no badgering intended is A COMPLETE JOKE. If you truly mean that, stop doing it, enjoy your type of vacation, and leave people like me alone who want to learn more. If you hate the place stop talking to people about it. Talk about PM all you want, again you have good info there, but your hatred for SERC wears like a scarlet letter.

Like Skipdog said, you are accomplishing nothing but aggravating regular people on here for the right reasons. You have a right to be here too so be it...but your motivation in this respect is questionable at best. Have a good day, its nice weather, be happy for once

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Webkatz- why??

Please don���t project. Me? I���m a very happy guy. I just don���t happen to agree with your (as of yet completely unsubstantiated) opinion of SERC. I also tend to do what I want and say what I want. Sorry if that aggravates folks, but that���s their problem (more specifically your problem) and not mine.

You, you���re the one who���s been all bent out of shape over a vacation that���s still 5 freakin��� months away. You don���t like what I have to say, don���t read it. You want someone to blow sunshine up your shirt and tell you that everything is just hunky dory, stick to the SERC website and their brochures with the pretty pictures, but don���t try to tell me what to say or do because I am going to continue to do whatever I d@mn well please.

You have a great time too, really.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Webkatz- why??

alright really, let's cut out this kids stuff. Seriously. You are dead wrong about a few things, namely I have NEVER given an opinion about SERC, nor do I have one, so you saying that is foolish and wrong. I just have an opinion about what I hear and more in depth about what people say on here, which I have every right to talk about. I don't agree with you about judging a resort from a tour when you have a bias already. We don't agree on anything pretty much. Let's leave it at that, there is no need to insult anyone over it, I have never called you names or anything else you have done. I feel good about that, so as long as you are happy acting the way you do, thats fine too. Now its about other people getting ticked off by this all. Please just leave me be and go about my business, which I have always done until you attack me anyway. You think I am weak and will stop talking or something, who knows. Or you like web-bullying people, whatever. If you keep provoking me it just becomes more clear what you are trying to do. I mean this truly, your opinions are duly noted thank you, and truly have a great day

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Webkatz- why??

Leave you be? Hell, I'm no where near you. You keep saying that you're going to go away, to "distance yourself" - well go away and do it. Nobody's stopping you.

Me, I'm not going anywhere. If my saying what I want and doing what I want is somehow provoking you, then you are indeed a sorry little man and I wish better for you.

Dave

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Webkatz- why??

never said I was going anywhere, actually stated the contrary, I just rather you leave me alone. But you can't seem to, you enjoy me too much. Like i am your drug of choice. And you know you are purposefully being a you know what, for no good reason at all, but for fun. Not sure why you get your jollies this way but to each his own. Not admitting it is pathetic though, you are doing way more than saying what you want. Its fine though, I just prefer you cut it out because now you are ticking other people off, not just me. But apparently you don't really care about anyone else's enjoyment or interests on here