We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
USA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Proof of Marriage?

For all who've gone for your honeymoons or anniversaries at SERC, did you have to show a copy of your marriage license as proof it was a honeymoon or anni. trip?

Cochranville...
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proof of Marriage?

We were told to bring it for the anniversary package, but they never asked for it. We just photocopied our marraige license and put it with our travel documents. I would bring yours just in case. Just one more piece of paper though!

USA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Proof of Marriage?

Okay thanks.

I'm not sure if it's technically our honeymoon or 1-year anniversary! We got married in Nov. 04 but b/c of my husband's work schedule this August will be the first time we can get away. Sad isn't it!? :)

ONTARIO, CANADA
Level Contributor
54 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Proof of Marriage?

We just returned from SERCwhere we celebrated our anniversary. We were not asked for proof but did bring a copy just in case. The only problem we had was that although our travel agent did inform the resort of our anniversary when we got there they had no record of it. We had to ask more than once to get the extra goodies. I would email the resort directly before you leave just to make sure.

Northern Suburb of...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Proof of Marriage?

Hi McXale

If you did not go on a honeymoon this trip is definately

your honeymoon!!!!!! You will be able to celebrate many

other anniversaries but never your honeymoon again!

Congratulations!!!

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Proof of Marriage?

I have just returned from SERC(5/28). I had e-mailed the resort requesting an anniversary package. At that time I was not told I needed my marriage certificate. We left to go down on Saturday morning (5/22). On our second day there we received champaign, fruit, flowers, a welcome letter and the anniversary swans with rose petals on our bed, we also received petite sweets when we returned to our room for the night. When I returned today there was an e-mail from the chief concerige dated 5/22 that I should bring the certificate. I brought the certificate just in case but was never asked for it. I will be writing a detailed review on SERC as soon as I catch up.