We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

serc

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
serc

Will be at SERC July 12-19. Any idea on what tours are best? ATV, Tulum, Xel-ha, Lobster tour, Isla mujeres etc? Thanks and can't wait.

Port Stanley, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: serc

We are going to Mexico in July also, and have for the past 3 years.

The ruins in Tulum are on the coast and you at least get a breeze off the ocean, the other sites are very, very hot as they are inland.

We have also been to Excaret, where we swam with the dolphins, as for the other tours we have not done them. We now just stay put when we get to the resort and relax.

Randolph, NJ
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: serc

#1LeafFan,

My fiancee and are definitely want to swim with the dolphins while we are honeymooning in Sept/Oct. Can you give me more info on your experience, how you booked, travel arrangements to/from, cost, etc. Is it something we can book at SERC through the concierge or should I book it myself before we go?

Thanks for your time!

Smij

Port Stanley, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: serc

Smij,

We swam with the dolphins 4 years ago when we stayed at the Aventura Spa Palace. We bought our trip through our tour rep. At that time you had to make arrangements to swim with the dolphins as they only do so many a day. We were picked up and taken to the park, then made our way over to the dolphin area. After a briefing of what to do and not to do we got into the water . Life jackets of course.

First we swam around the pool with the dolphins, there were enough dolphins that nearly everyone had their own. After that we all got out and then went in one at a time laying flat in the water and 2 dolphins came up from underneath each putting their nose on the instep of your foot pushing you up and out of the water across the pool. After everyone had a turn we all got back in formed a straight line across the centre of the pool and the dolphins jumped over us. It was a great experience.

At that time someone from the park video taped the whole thing and then you could buy the tape before you left, which we did. We watch it every once in a while. Our grandson loves it.

At that time I think it was about $ 80.00 U.S. per person, but we have never regretted spending the money, it was well worth it in our opinions.

Anything else you would like to know please ask.

Randolph, NJ
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: serc

#1LeafFan,

Thanks for the info. I am going to start a post on this to see if anyone else has any more recent info.

P.S. Go Islanders!!!! (If hockey ever comes back, that is!)

Northern Suburb of...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: serc

Way2gaby

cute pup!!