We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Royale , Mayan Riviera

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
toronto
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
El Dorado Royale , Mayan Riviera

Can you let me know if the beach is nice, and if I can get an umbrella or some kind of cabana,. I need to book this asap and I would like to clear up these questions. Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,002 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado Royale , Mayan Riviera

To be honest the beach at EDR is not it's best feature but there are plenty of shades or palapas.

What EDR has to offer over and above the beach which in my view scores about 6.5/10 more than makes up for it.

Life is good here at Excellence in Punta Cana

Enjoy

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado Royale , Mayan Riviera

Forgot you were off again flip-flop.

Is EPC measuring up to your requirements and standards?

Hope you are having a blast.

Jude.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Dorado Royale , Mayan Riviera

I agree that the beach is not the best you can find in the Mayan Riviera but it's better than alot of other resorts in the area so I wouldn't discount this resort becuz of it. It has some very nice stretches of white sand and you can go for quite the long walk along it.

If you are staying in the Casita section you will have no problem getting a beach bed. If you are in the Villa section, you will have to get up rather early (before 7 I would say) to get your beach bed, palapa or umbrella (at the 2 main pools).

This is a great resort, just go ahead and book it!

Hope this helps!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,002 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Dorado Royale , Mayan Riviera

Jude

So far nothing but praise for Excellence - couplr of very small niggles but overall it is great and they really look after you

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Dorado Royale , Mayan Riviera

good to hear flipflopman....

8 days for me... and its EDR!!!!! cant wait now....

(just about walking too... with a limp... lol)

6. Re: El Dorado Royale , Mayan Riviera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:24 am, September 10, 2009