We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SERC Spa, paying and tipping question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
SERC Spa, paying and tipping question

I think I read somewhere, but cannot find the post, that spa treatments can be charged to the room, but the tips cannot.

Is that correct? Do I need to bring cash for tips?

Also, what percent should I tip? The typical 15 -20 % that I would in the U.S? I am thinking about getting a massage, and perhaps a manicure.

I would also assume if we purchase the Hydro therapy circuit, no tips are required, since that is not an actual 'service' provided by a particular person.... Agree?

Lot's of questions, I know, but I want to be prepared.

Thanks !

Ohio
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: SERC Spa, paying and tipping question

Bonnie - $260 is steep too for us the more I think about it!!

I keep coming back to this site like 5 times a day to check what other reviews/post have been made because it's so exciting to read how everyone's vacation was.

kcsc - thanks for the info on charging the tip to the room too. I am hoping the only cash we have to bring is for tips for the regular staff.

-Angie

Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: SERC Spa, paying and tipping question

KCSC1291 - thanks for the info on being able to add the tips to the room

Angie - Me too, I check a few times a day now on this sight, it's so helpful !

I've acutally dreamt on 2 different nights that I was already there, enjoying the pools and drinks, and going to the restaurants to eat..... I am psyched !

New Jersey
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: SERC Spa, paying and tipping question

Hi there, you are going to love this place. We had only been to a couple of spas before, but this one was absolutely wonderful. They did put the tips on the bill like the earlier poster said. We did tip the typical 15-20%

My husband got the deep tissue massage and afterward said he had not been that relaxed since birth. I had my first facial - the Secrets Exclusive which was fabulous... and the hydrotherapy circuit is a must!!

There is a person who leads you through each step of the hydrotherapy circuit, carries around your towels and fresh bottles of water. We gave ours a couple bucks but I don't think anyone else did. Also some of the other circuit attendants didn't seem to be doing much for their patrons.

thanks also for giving my website a boost :)

Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: SERC Spa, paying and tipping question

Thanks everyone for the replies, I now know to also tip for

the hydrotherapy circuit, and that adding tips to the room is possible also. I think I might just tip in cash, as that might be appreciated the most.