We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In-room safe at SERC?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
In-room safe at SERC?

In reading the reviews about stuff being taken from the safe I'm wondering what kind of safe this is? It doesn't seem very "safe" if the staff can get into them? Is it coded based on your room key card? Anyone?

Northern Suburb of...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In-room safe at SERC?

It is a very SAFE safe. It is big and electronic.

It has nothing to do with your room key.

You can change the code on the safe as many times a day

as you wish.

Don't fret...put your valuables in the safe..LOCK IT...

double check that you locked it...

and go and have a great time.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: In-room safe at SERC?

The safes are large enough to fit a video cam,digital and acc.,and lots more.You choose your own combo.I'm sure there's some sort of override in case someone forgets what they used for a combo,but not something that was apparent.

boston
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In-room safe at SERC?

The safes and the resort are both safe . I did a test left a few dollars infront of the safe was never touched. The code is your own personal number change it when ever you want

Minnesota
Level Contributor
831 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In-room safe at SERC?

We have a large screen laptop in the safe with lots of extra electronics, and still have extra room. You pick your safe code each time you lock it, the number is then displayed in a large read LED readout to confirm your code. From securety issue posts before, I can see how if a maid or other service staff was in the room when you locked the safe, they could clearly see your code. I will get the exact dimensions and post them upon my return.

With that said, I tried to give our maid the gift of a watch along with her tip yesterday. She has been really great all week and I didn��t want to forget before her day off. We had a major languange barrier as she asked me to write something down for her. She call a security person to tranlate and what she was asking me to do was write down that it was a gift for her. I have a feeling this is a step that management took due to some of the issues that have been posted here. With many many mucho grasias, she then accepted the gift with a large smile.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: In-room safe at SERC?

MnDan,

I too gave a gift to one of the bellmen. Granted, it was only a Cubs baseball cap but I did write a note stating that it was a gift for him.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
448 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In-room safe at SERC?

One thing about the safe. When we were packing I could not find my watch anywhere, checking the safe a couple of times of thought maybe I misplaced it in my luggage. Well my husband found my watch under a little piece of carpet in the safe. Check under that little swatch next time for your watch. Hey that rhymes! I need a margarita.....