We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

back from secrets excellance cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
winnipeg
9 posts
Save Topic
back from secrets excellance cancun

Arrived back on Sat March 26 from a 7 day stay at Secrets Excellancre. Stayed in building no 3. on the 3rd (4th the ground floor is considered 0) floor Room 3305 overlooking the spa and had a view of the ocean. The rooms were as advertised, nicely appointed, great huge shower, 2 person jacuzzi and a large 4 post King Size bed (requested). The rooms were large and clean. We loved the resort.

Restaurants are very good, especially the Bourdeax which is in my view outstanding. The off all inclusive wine list is very good and moderately priced ( can get a very goood wine for 25-30 US, the all inclusive wines are fine, but after seeing Sideways we wanted some Pinot Noir. The rest of the restaraunts were good. Never had to wait more than 20 minutes for dinner, they give you a pager and you can have a drink or crusie around the grounds. Many pool areas, it never feesl crowded. When we arrived, I was quite ill, and was able to see a DTR on Sunday morning, the service was first rate and after a shot and some antibiotics I was ready to go, you pay cash, but being from Canada, I would still be waiting to see my DTR....

We will return......

MR GREEN (Jim)

Maplewood, Minnesota
Level Contributor
80 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: back from secrets excellance cancun

Hello Jim,

Thanks for your posting on the Secrets Excellence. I have a question about the beach area: is it large? can you walk a ways on the beach in both directions? How is it to swim in? White sand or lots of rocks? weeds? Is there beach service for drinks and food?

Thanks so much!

winnipeg
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: back from secrets excellance cancun

Hi Briansa

The beach area is quite large the sand is white and you can walk aways in either direction. Didn't swim in the ocean, so can't comment on weeds. There is beach service and eventhough the resort was full, there seemed to be plenty of room to set up there, lots of loungers and a fair amount of shade available from straw hatched umbrella type trees....

Jim

jet
tuckerton,new jersey
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: back from secrets excellance cancun

mrgreen do you remember if they had moet white star champagne on their wine menu

winnipeg
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: back from secrets excellance cancun

Jet, can't say for sure re Moet White Champagne, I know Dom was on the menu for sure, don't recall the price

Mr Green

T&L
Metamora, IL
Level Contributor
160 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: back from secrets excellance cancun

Jim -

Thanks for your post. The only concern I had for our upcoming trip in May is how the resort would be at full capacity, as they are now sold out for the week that we will be there. It sounds like it was full while you were there, and you still found the service to be wonderful and the waits for dinner to be around 20 minutes, which of course, is not long at all. Thanks again!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: back from secrets excellance cancun

Hi Jim,

Did you request your king bed with your travel agent or did you email the hotel? i want to make sure I get one!

Thanks

JIll

winnipeg
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: back from secrets excellance cancun

Requested King Size bed when making our reservation which we did through a sell off website, I woud e-mail the concierge.