We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SERC vs Sandals Hicacos (Cuba)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Labrador City, NL...
Level Contributor
594 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
SERC vs Sandals Hicacos (Cuba)

I have been contemplating booking either Sandals Hicacos or Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun for a while. Has anybody been to both that can help me choose one? I know that SERC is a *true* 5 star resort, no booking specialty restaurants, close to Cancun and Playa del Carmen. Sandals (at least this one), is a little less expensive, and on a very nice beach from what I can understand. The rooms, from what i understand, are comparable.

Thanks for your help!!

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SERC vs Sandals Hicacos (Cuba)

What about Sandals Princesa Del Mar in Varadero?

It was just recently taken over by Sandals so you might be able to get a good deal. If you do go, I recommend that you upgrade to concierge when you get there. It is totally worth it and you can get a much better deal at the hotel.

We just got back 2 weeks ago and we were spoiled and pampered beyond belief. Next we are going to try Secrets. Only 5 stars for us from now on!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SERC vs Sandals Hicacos (Cuba)

I have been to both and can honestly say that they are quite comparable in quality of the resort!!! Where you will see the difference is in the food quality and service. Good food and service at Hicacos but not the very high quality that we experienced at SERC.

I have a full trip report of Hicacos that I can send you if you want to send me an e-mail at dclark0298@hotmail.com

Regards,

D. Clark