We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Tiger Kingdom

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Transport to Tiger Kingdom

Hi,

We are coming to Phuket in April - and staying at The Outrigger, Laguna beach, Bangtao Beach. I want to take a morning to visit Tiger Kingdom.

I believe it's only about half an hour away - should I just book a taxi from the hotel, or should I pre book a driver? i think I'd read that local drivers were far better value than taxis? But I don#'t really want to do anything more than go to Tiger Kingdom for the morning - no other places.

Any help massively appreciated! I can't seem to book Tiger Kingdom in advance - so I assume you pay on the door?

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort
Outrigger Laguna Phuket...
1,586 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transport to Tiger Kingdom

Hi. We want to do the same thing in November - visit Tiger Kingdom for the morning and need transport from our hotel which is Indigo Pearl. Have you had any reasonable replies to your questions?

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Transport to Tiger Kingdom

Hi Cath & Lucy,

We did go and had a very enjoyable day! We had children with us so could only see the littlest tigers - they were trotting around and playing so we felt very comfortable that they weren't mistreated. The larger cats - some were sleeping, some were walking around. I really don't know if they're sedated or not in the cages where you'd go in with the bigger cats as we didn't do that - those big cats were certainly all asleep though!

I'm glad we went, have lots of pics of the kids with the little tigers playing! I'd upload a couple but not sure you can on this post?

I booked transport with Manop from 'show me Phuket' he's on FB.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php…

1200 Baht for around 5 hours driving - from Bangtao Beach to Tiger Lingdom then off for lunch & returned. Superb service! Great driver! I then used him a couple more times to take us places e.g Simon Caberet as he could undercut the box office prices for tickets and was 100% reliable. We only had contact through FB prior to our first trip - but they were there right on time - no problems.

Hope that helps :)

13. Re: Transport to Tiger Kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 17, 2016