We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

Finland
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

are there still some restaurants on the beach Bang Tao,,,like TUM ???

Mentioned in this post
Bang Tao Beach
Bang Tao Beach
Phuket, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

For the record....we cancelled our 10 days at Dusit in April, purely because the beach atmosphere as we knew it from countless previous stays was gone. Such a shame, I understand you should not build on public land without authority, but the reality is all those people have lost their businesses and income, the hotels have lost guests and we have lost a fantastic place to enjoy quality accom., beautiful clean (maintained by the locals!) beaches where one could enjoy drinks and snacks on beach chairs and great local food with your toes in the sand.

If we want a great hotel experience only, we may as well go to Waikiki and shop till we drop. Or Bali for something similar to our old Phuket.

This was not a great move for Phuket tourism.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Swadlincote, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

Hi All, I'm sorry to go over old ground but i just want to clarify something. I have booked to stay in a villa in the area in May next year, and reading these posts, I am worried that there will be nowhere for us to sit and have a beer, or go for some food, walk around shops… is this the case? This is not the Thailand that I’m used to and having never been to Phuket, I am concerned.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

Why all the long faces? Maybe now the owners of restaurants and businesses who own or rent a legal property and do things the right way will get the custom they deserve. I was at Bangtao November last year and ate at a beach front legally occupying space just about 5 metres off the beach, the atmosphere was fine, as was the food. Some near him that had sat further forward had been demolished, but fair enough.

As far as beach lounges go, I was sick of trying to sit on a public beach in Phuket without getting shooed away by illegal chair operators for encroaching on "their property".

The only problem with all the demolishing is that the illegal operators, not the army, should have cleaned up their mess in repayment for the years of free rent. I am back in November and with all you people cancelling I am looking forward to getting some good deals at Bangtao.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

My hubby and my family have been 10 times to Bang Tao beach during the last 15 years. For us the magic which makes Bang Tao beach so special is gone. If we are flying so long we don't want to sit on the pool. And common people now the babyboomers over 50 will rule more and more. This generation don't want to lie on matrasses and sacks on the beach. And now beach restaurant anymore on the beach is radiculous. Really a big shame of the goverment of Phuket. Tourists will stay away.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Tao Beach
Bang Tao Beach
779 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bend Oregon
Level Contributor
393 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

I know! I'm going to Bali in Oct., want to eat and drink with my feet in the sand!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

Argh, this is so disappointing. I loved Bangtao for these very reasons when I last visited 8 years ago.

So, where do people now think is the best alternative in Phuket, for something similar ??

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
17. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 20, 2016