We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

Finland
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

are there still some restaurants on the beach Bang Tao,,,like TUM ???

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

I'll be there next week, will let you know but I think they've all been cleared

Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

We were there in October and a lot have been torn down including our old favourite Tom Yum Goong (just outside Laguna).

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

Sorry to say they have all gone. I only saw the local jet ski guys, no one else. But there are shops now by the main Outrigger beach resort just off the beach. That's the best place to set up camp for the day as you can use the toilet they have beside there pool.

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

I'm here now and there are plenty of restaurants on bang tso beach. Jet skis aswell and beach sellers

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

Hi

Are you able to elaborate a bit more we arrive Bang Tao on 6th Feb group of 20 plus kids and did you use any of the restaruants

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

Hi,

We recently stayed at the Outrigger on Bang Tao Beach for 10 days from 10th January 2015. The only non-hotel restaurant we found near the Outrigger was the family run A-Loma Restaurant. Despite the basic set-up, the food is absolutely yummy & the service is great & also great value for money. Other than that there were no other beach places other than the hotels & Bliss Beach Club which is a fair way south from The Outrigger.

Good luck & enjoy!

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

If you walk along the beach from the Best Western in Bang Tao to the Outrigger there are numerous places selling beer and food just at the edge of the beach. Had lunch at one, Sunset bar and food was great.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

I would love an update on the beach activity around Laguna. Any beach restaurants, local sellers for fruit and laundry etc Also what about beach lounges, are they available. Always have enjoyed sitting on the sand having a beer and thai meal. If they are gone, any chance they will return?

UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

We are staying in Bang Tao area now.. we have stayed here many times over the years and have enjoyed countless meals in the beach restaurants... on our first night this trip, we decided to walk along the beach to Tom Yum Goong (one of the beach restaurants on stilts).. we walked.. and walked.. and walked.. gone! All of the old beach restaurants have gone! Tom Yum Goong, Lotus etc... are no longer here. Speaking to the locals, they told us that the army came to bulldoze them all from the beach and that all had been illegally built on public land. I do understand that nobody can build where they shouldn't without risk of being caught up with at some stage..

The beach is, in my opinion, not a patch on what it used to be.. rubbish and rubble everywhere and nobody seems to look after the cleanliness of the beach anymore.. saddening after what used to be a pristine piece of Thailand.

Oh.. and if you want a sunbed on the beach, don't come here.. all subbed operators have been banned (:

Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurants still at Bang tao,,TUM ???

I feel really upset to read through the whole thread as I'm originally planning to go to one of the beach restaurants such as TUM SEAFOOD with my family next month (June 2015). If most of them were torn down leaving rubbish or just hotel restaurants nearby, I think I'd better not to go to Bang Tao/Laguna...