We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Reception Bangtao Bay

Which Bang Tao Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding Reception Bangtao Bay

Hi,

I am getting married at the Laguna Phuket chapel and staying at the Dusit Thani. I am wanting ideas for a reception dinner for about 40 people. I considered having the reception at the Dusit, but considering all our guests are staying there, I thought it might be nice to go somewhere different and new. However I'd like to stay within 20 min drive from Laguna Phuket at the most. Has anyone been to a wedding reception in Thailand and what do you reccommend? I'd like a fairly casual reception, maybe a cocktail/canapes reception with some music.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Reception Bangtao Bay

Hi Amy,

Congratulations to your upcoming wedding!

Have a look at:

lagunaphuketweddings.com/reception-gallery.h…

www.angsana.com/en/phuket/occasions#weddings

outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/thailand/phuket…

I've been to Angsana and it was a beautiful place.

Are you also looking for a photographer or wedding planner?

Regards,

Angel

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
884 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Reception Bangtao Bay

I was at a wedding about 2 months ago where they had the wedding ceremony near the beach and then had the dinner and party at Layan Estates in one of the luxury villas there.

They used a DJ and I'm not sure who provided the food, whether it was Layan (I think so) or an outside catering company.

I believe this is only about 10 minutes north of Laguna, straight up the beach and a few hundred meters after the road finally leaves the beach at the National Park.

It was very nice.

PM me if you need more details.

Patong
Level Contributor
476 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Reception Bangtao Bay

I've organised a few weddings at Bliss Beach Club great food and service, also that's within 20 minutes of Laguna.

4. Re: Wedding Reception Bangtao Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, June 21, 2013
5. Re: Wedding Reception Bangtao Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bang Tao Beach