We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What culinary delights does Tuscany have to offer?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What culinary delights does Tuscany have to offer?

I am travelling thru tuscany in just over two weeks now with my mother. We both adore italian cuisine. What is typically Tuscan that is a must try? Please also offer wine suggestions.

Many Thanks

Cam

New Jersey
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What culinary delights does Tuscany have to offer?

Too many to mention. Polenta. meats, Pecorino ( from Pienza), Pici con Anatra Pici is a very thick spaghetti. Make sure you eat at an Agriturismo, they will bring you so many wonderful dishes. Buon Appetito.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What culinary delights does Tuscany have to offer?

I almost for the wines, Brunello and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What culinary delights does Tuscany have to offer?

Go onto MSN homepage and click on their travel section. There is an excellent article about Tuscany food and wine and where to get the best...

New York, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What culinary delights does Tuscany have to offer?

I would sample prosciutto and pecorino from Macelleria Falorni in Greve and Fattorio di Fonterutoli in Castellina-in-Chianti for wine and olive oil. And you can't go wrong with Chianti Classico while you are in the Chianti region. Try Collelungo (also located in Castellina).

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What culinary delights does Tuscany have to offer?

Cam,

Try as much as you can while in Tuscany!

Enjoy beautiful prosciutto, fragrant olives, pecorina cheese as well as the gorgeous Tuscan blends of Sangiovese, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.... all savoured while overlooking a vineyard or piazza.

For anyone with a sweet tooth, panforte (a delectable dense fruitcake) was a new discovery that we really loved.

If you want to bring home memories of your culinary experiences ( and browse with anticipation) before you arrive in Italy, pick up the Eyewitness travel guide "A Taste of Tuscany". It's tremendous.

Have a wonderful time!

Netherlands
Level Contributor
22 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What culinary delights does Tuscany have to offer?

Believe it or not the steaks here are on par to what's best on offer in the world.

And a visit to tuscany is not complete without a steakdinner.

They make the steak the same way as in the USA. or better yert the way they make steak in the USA is copied from tuscany.

They even have a cut very similar to the porterhouse steak. A huge piece of meat with both a beef fillet(tenderloin) and a sirloin.

1 steak is for two.