We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carrières de Lumières tickets

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Carrières de Lumières tickets

I see there's an option to buy the tickets on line. Is the show ever sold out?

We're not sure if we'll be there Wed (May1 holiday) or Thursday.

Can we just show up and still get tickets?

We plan on going to the show on early May.

Thanks!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carrières de Lumières tickets

I would think you can just turn up. The shows run on a continuous loop - there is a narrative of sorts to them, but you can enter and exit the show at any point (or stay to watch it several times over) and many people do.

This said, you may avoid having to waste time waiting in line by purchasing tickets in advance. More about the shows at the Quarries of Lights: marseille-provence.info/arts-and-culture/pai…

Provence
Level Contributor
793 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carrières de Lumières tickets

If I were you, I wold just buy it on the spot.

the quarries are huge, never full and I never saw a line of more than 3/4 people on busy day....

So dont worry about this and just show up whenever you want.

The new show is amazing. I was at the opening night and this was the best show I've seen there so far... (well it's always a question of taste...)

hope this will help.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carrières de Lumières tickets

Last time I went there was a big Japanese tour group holding up the entry process. There has been a legal issue with the previous leaseholder and it has meant the new Quarries haven't got their access area fully sorted - though they have been trying to resolve it and may have already done so since my last visit.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carrières de Lumières tickets

Sounds like we can keep plan flexible and get tickets when we get there.

Thanks!

5. Re: Carrières de Lumières tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, July 04, 2014