We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

very bad response time angaga email

LA
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
very bad response time angaga email

is it me or angaga does not respond to emails very well. whenever i encountered such problem, its a big red flag in regards to booking with them. i emailed them with few questions about my bookings on sunday and its tuesday today. most place will respond inl less than 24 hrs. this is considered bad customer service as it reflects badly on their company. i think i will cancel my reservation and book with reethi instead. with reethi, i get great service in terms of emails response in less than 24 hours.

18 replies to this topic
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,280 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: very bad response time angaga email

lol froggy ... I meant some islands that offer boat option and you could opt for one seaplane trip ... or if the guests transfer to a second island . staying forever IS a tempting thought that has probably occurred to all of us though :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: very bad response time angaga email

Islands are so small,,,think they would spot us as castaways though,...:-))

NORWICH
Level Contributor
206 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: very bad response time angaga email

Think it was pretty bad to post on angaga about you're email experience , people want to know things about the island and not have it put down because you didn't get a reply to an email You missed out on a fantastic little island and the whole team were first class when we were there in February. Are you sure they actually received your email? Why didn't you just ring if it was so important! Hopefully people won't get put off this beautiful little gem

LA
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: very bad response time angaga email

till this day i still have not got an email from them. its been about 10 days or more i lost count. the post on angaga was to let the management know that email response to customer is more important than ever since everything is done on the web. i just dont want other travellers that have saved many years for a vacation and have it go bad by poor customer service. for me, it was enough to go elsewhere. i hope angaga takes it as an advice to improve rather than an attack on their island. i have had bad experience before with bad response and i am not about to repeat it in the maldives. thanks everyone for their honest feedback

Edited: 8:59 pm, March 11, 2014
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,280 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: very bad response time angaga email

honestly ... angaga wont care . they will still be fully booked ... you are basically the one that missed out . I think what is happening here is that you are looking at this with big city , new york minute , all business eyes ... which doesn't translate so well to a muslim country with a much more relaxed approach to time, life and business. yes , it is a lot of money for most of us ... but do remember that angaga is just a step above budget islands - just for perspective. it is also a country where infrastructure is still in its infancy and lost emails are very much the norm . I have however never had a booking getting askew , on angaga or any island ... and picking up a phone to confirm details has never hurt anyone and goes a long way towards reducing nervousness

LA
Level Contributor
61 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: very bad response time angaga email

You may be right spammie. I live in a different culture and this is my first time planning a trip to the maldives. I am trying to get use to how it works there. However, reethi and vilamendhoo, both are in a similar category resort as angaga, responded in timely manner and was very helpful in answering my questions. When I sent an email to angaga through their website and said if the above date is not available, please let me know if there are any other datas in the Month of May. All i got back was sorry to inform you no rooms available.

I have no intention to speak badly of angaga, I am sure I may be missing out on a great island, but experience have taught me that if it does not feel right to start out, follow your instinct and go elsewhere.

thanks spammie for all your helpful advise

herts
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: very bad response time angaga email

Hi. If you haven't booked yet. Contact Angelfish Travel as they are a small company but booked everything we asked for at a very competitive price and even made a suggestion of another island, which we hadn't looked at as keen scuba diver. It was an individual package tailormade.

herts
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: very bad response time angaga email

Hi Have just returned from Angaga and had to email them and the response was the emailed the next day.

Helengeli responses also very prompt

Reply to: very bad response time angaga email
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Angaga Island