We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from Palolem to Patnem at night

Bucks
Level Contributor
70 posts
59 reviews
Walk from Palolem to Patnem at night

My husband and I are planning to stay at Patnem beach, but will no doubt be visiting Palolem in the evening. I know you can walk between the two beaches, but what is it like at night (and is it advisable to walk)? Do you walk on the road or is there a footpath? Is it lit or is it dark? And roughly how far between the two beaches?

We're both into walking so not too worried about distance or uneven ground etc.

Thanks in advance

9 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Walk from Palolem to Patnem at night

It is exactly 2 kms(more than 15 mins walk)Its a road walk no footpath,its safe although you may find roads dark and spooky in the night.but there are a few houses and shops on the way so not too secluded.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Walk from Palolem to Patnem at night

The best way to get to Palolem to Patnem is go to the end of the beach and youll see a slight cliff go up keep going to the top and walk straight for around 20 mins till you come to palolem beach then go down the cliff and your there A very beautiful walk walking by a few beach houses and such How ever at an evening youd need a good torch. no roads at all just a footpath, Id walk there in the day time but jump in a rickshaw on evening

sharon

Bucks
Level Contributor
70 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Walk from Palolem to Patnem at night

Many thanks

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
62 posts
4. Re: Walk from Palolem to Patnem at night

2 ways there are , patnem to palolem by a straight road from the top of patnem beach road to palolem corner, and the footpath through rocks and jungle from the end of patnem beach to palolem beach, I would carry a torch and do it by day first to familiarise yourself.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Walk from Palolem to Patnem at night

I would not dream of walking it. I can't think of anyone that would by night. Suggestions that it would take you fifteen minutes are highly optimistic. From the beach steps to Colomb is at least ten minutes then another then minutes down to Neptunes, then you have to cross the rocks, say ten minutes, then walk however far you want to along Patnem Beach (its about ten minutes to the beach steps, another ten along to Cozy Nook end of the beach).

If you really want to walk, take the road that a tuk tuk would take, beware of motorbikes, scooters, tuk tuks and cars that will not be expecting pedestrians. Carry a torch. Be ready to dive into the ditch.

Better still, get a tuk tuk. You will find them at the top of the beach road. Pay about 100 rupees; you might actually have to pay 150 rups as it's nighttime. The tuk tuk will take about ten minutes,

Bucks
Level Contributor
70 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Walk from Palolem to Patnem at night

Thanks guys - we booked Palolem in the end, so no need to stagger back to Patnem at the of the night!

londonraffles1 i'm going to have to walk to Patnem over the rocks now as I like a challenge!! Hehe! xx :-D

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Walk from Palolem to Patnem at night

It's a nice walk, and there are cafes and nice little beach places to stop at en route. Go slowly and enjoy the surroundings.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
740 posts
40 reviews
8. Re: Walk from Palolem to Patnem at night

It’s a lovely walk over the rocks, i’d Say half an hour.

Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
9. Re: Walk from Palolem to Patnem at night

You can walk yes. But its better to get a taxi or tuk tuk for a small fee.

Reply to: Walk from Palolem to Patnem at night
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palolem