We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palolem in late June?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Palolem in late June?

I've been to Palolem twice before but in December and January, at the what is I suppose the high season.

I know the monsoon kicks in usually early June, but what is it really like? I don't mind rain and cloudy skies or even a lack of other tourists, but are restaurants and beach accommodations mostly shut down? Is it still possible to swim and kayak? Are the hills inland ok for hiking or too muddy?

5 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,968 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Palolem in late June?

Most restaurants will be closed, and there will be nothing on the beach. Absolutely no chance of swimming or kayaking. The seas are much, much too rough.

Level Contributor
2,282 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Palolem in late June?

Don't expect ant sea sports or swimming anywhere in his in late June.

Some hiking can be done inland, but proper boots are needed due to wetness and general ground conditions... even trainers won't give much support when wandering off concrete pathways.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Palolem in late June?

Monsoon in South Goa is dull.Palolem and areas around will give secluded feel.Although swimming is not recommended in monsoon,One local taxi guy told me that you can actually swim in palolem in monsoon too..Havent experienced it though .

Accommodations will be dirt cheap in monsoon and Goa is very beautiful in rains.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Palolem in late June?

Head to Calungute which is North Goa or try Colva which is south both resorts are 52 weeks a year so there will be more places open Try to book an hotel with a good size pool its a lot cheaper out of season so it shouldn't cost you the earth and that way you can get to sun bathe and play in the pool on the days it doesn't rain which could be more than you'd think as the real monsoon starts late July august time Also take a look at a post called Goa...off the beaten track by Indianartist which will help you immensely its on this page

Sharon

Thane, India
Level Contributor
127 posts
441 reviews
5. Re: Palolem in late June?

Though it's not a bad ide to visit Goa in rainy season, but your requirements will not be fulfilled. Water sports or kayaking won't be der and restaurants won't be open . But you ll get a top resort and a cheaper price and have most of the beaches to yourself as there will be hardly any tourists. Choose accordingly and have a nice vacation

Reply to: Palolem in late June?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palolem