We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 or 2 days?

California
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1 or 2 days?

I plan on visiting Novgorod in September and was wondering if 1 day was enough or 2 days? And what are the things i should do or see. Would appreciate any input anybody has. Thx!!

2 replies to this topic
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
152 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 or 2 days?

One day is enough, but it will be a long day as one way trip by bus takes 3,5-4 hours. There are many old russian churches, the main St Sophia, and the Kremlin. You can also take a short boat trip but I have never done that myself.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 or 2 days?

Hi,

If you are not pressed - you can spend 2 days around Novgorod - to visit the Valday city suburbs, and the famous Iversky monastery and the amazing nature and ecology, the lakes, the forests - the perfect place to relax.

You can even choose to stay for one night in the suburbs of Valday city. For example - in Valday ecoclub hotel - I loved it last summer! Quiet ecological place for people, tired of big cities, beautiful lake (possibility of fishing) good service, good cuisine, russian banya (kind of sauna), perfect - for the rest between Novgorod and Moscow (or St. Petersburg). Everything is near - the Valday-town (and Valday railway-station) - about 20 minutes by car, The Iversky monastery - about 30 minutes by car. Bologoye railway station is about one hour by car (you can take here a Sapsan fast train - about 2 hours to Moscow and something like that to St.Petersburg - just in the middle (the Valday Ecoclub hotel have a transfer service).

I have read the people opinions - most of them were right - I really enjoyed my holiday last summer and visited everything I needed.

Anyway - one day is enough - for Novgorod itself.

Good luck!

Reply to: 1 or 2 days?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Novgorod Oblast