We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waisai ferry schedule

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
303 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Waisai ferry schedule

Where can I find a schedule for the Waisai ferry OR how much time do I need to allocate to get from Waisai (via ferry) to check in for a flight from Sorong?

TERIMA KASIH

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waisai ferry schedule

Last year when I was there, ferry express Waisai to Sorong Pelabuhan Rakyat leave 2pm weekdays. Weekends I think leave 11am. But on the day I took the ferry to Sorong it left about 3,30pm. Advice from my friends already visit Raja Ampat to book return flight Sorong to Jakarta the day after take ferry, not same day. Anyway you need usually to overnight as most flights depart Sorong before ferry arrive from Waisai.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
303 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waisai ferry schedule

Thanks for the info Sambal - although I don't like what you said as it makes things more complicated. On the other hand........... better to hear that now rather than missing my flight. Sambal had this info from a year ago...... does anyone else have more recent experience?

3. Re: Waisai ferry schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:36 am, September 19, 2014
Edited: 9:36 am, September 19, 2014
Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,156 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waisai ferry schedule

Hi,

Just back from RA and you definitely have to stay over in Sorong and fly the next day. There is just no way you can leave Waisai and comfortably make it in time for a flight the same day.

We left on a Saturday and the ferry was at 11:00am, but it didn't leave until 11:30. Our flight, which we had booked for the following day was 14:30 with Garuda. I just wouldn't chance it, even with the ferry leaving early, as you only need a slight problem and you've missed your flight.

5. Re: Waisai ferry schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 24, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Raja Ampat
More Raja Ampat Topics