We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

daytrip to Srebrenica

Lokeren, Belgium
Level Contributor
112 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
daytrip to Srebrenica

How to go there on a daytrip with public transport from Sarajevo?

Srebrenica Genocide Memorial
Cemeteries, Historic Sites, Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
24 replies to this topic
Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: daytrip to Srebrenica

Sarajevo

SREBRENICA – KLADANJ - SARAJEVO 16:30h

One-way ticket costs 24 KM

Departure from the main Bus Station in Sarajevo near Holiday-Inn hotel.

hostelsrebrenica.com/index.php…

Edited: 6:16 am, January 01, 2013
Piacenza, Italy
Level Contributor
682 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: daytrip to Srebrenica

I did it last year in September and I'm so glad I went. I'm not around much in this forum due to lack of time, but if you need any extra info, you can pm me.

Hoping nothing changed in the last few months, it was like this. I went by bus from the main bus station which is just behind the train station, if you're staying in Baščaršija you can go with tram #1 that stops in front of the train station. There's just 1 bus run by Centrotrans Eurolines, plus another one from Lukavica bus station but it's far away and timetables are worst. Timetable:

Sarajevo - Srebrenica 7.10 - 10.35 (morning)

Srebrenica - Sarajevo 16.30 - 19.55 (afternoon)

When I went the bust was something like 1/2 late at the arrival, both ways.

The cost of the bus ticket (round trip) is 35,50 KM. I'm sorry to contraddict Pipi, who is very kind and helpful, but I checked my papers and in September it was like this. I doubt prices went down so much.

In Srebrenica the bus takes you straight to the central part of the town, near the biggest supermarket. But then you have to go to the bus station to catch the return bus to Sarajevo. If you want to visit to Potocari memorial, you must go by taxi. It's quick and rather cheap.

There's enough time to visit the town. I'm happy I decided to go, it was an important experience for me. If you need any info about the town, you can write to the local tourist office. I met a fantastic guy there named Damir who helped me with my visit and talked to me for a while. He made me feel really welcome there.

Hoping it's still open, maybe you may be interested also in visiting the photo exhibition about Srebrenica. You can find some infos here: balcanicaucaso.org/eng/Regions-and-countries… It's located just next to the Catholic Cathedral.

Lokeren, Belgium
Level Contributor
112 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: daytrip to Srebrenica

"PipiDugadevet" is and I hope will always be a great help. Many thanks.

Sarajevo
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: daytrip to Srebrenica

@2jerome, Despit my wrong info abt price of tickets, I hope I am helpful for all tourists until ONE DAY,...It will be my last day in my entire life.

Edited: 9:04 am, January 04, 2013
Piacenza, Italy
Level Contributor
682 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: daytrip to Srebrenica

My trip was possible thanks to Pipi, as I said he's very kind and helpful.

But this is not the place for getting moody or making polemics, it's a place for sharing informations that may help other travelers. That was the intent of my post, I went there and it wasn't easy to get infos for me, so I wanted to share what I knew... hoping to help, nothing else.

Sorry if I offended anyone, it wasn't my intention.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: daytrip to Srebrenica

Hi, excellent information as we are planning on going there while we are in Sarajevo. I have a couple more questions, is there a fee to get in to the memorial, can you hire a tour guide and is there anything there in english or is it all in bosnian? We are trying to decide whether it's better to go with a tour group for 50 euros or do it ourselves. Thanks

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
325 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: daytrip to Srebrenica

There is no fee to go into the memorial. Exhibition is both on English and Bosnian, there is also a documentary about Srebrenica and genocide, is also on English. When do you plan to go? As during working days there is someone from the memorial center who can explain you everything on English, no need to hire a guide.

Edited: 10:14 am, June 30, 2013
Gaziantep...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: daytrip to Srebrenica

Hi there!

I was sondering do the buses operate on a Saturday? particularly this 25th January 2014. Thanks for the help.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,506 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: daytrip to Srebrenica

Did you get to Srebrenica Jihad A?

London, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: daytrip to Srebrenica

Hello I'm a professor doing research on international travellers who visit Srebrenica and was wondering if you'd be willing to do a phone interview with me re: your experiences there.

Reply to: daytrip to Srebrenica
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Srebrenica