We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visit - some help please

trowbridge...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time visit - some help please

Hi all,

Me and my partner are flying into Singapore on the 17th April, we would like to spend a couple of nights here and then fly over to Kota Kinabalu where we would like to go to the jungle, go on a boat trip on one of the rivers, go to an orang-utan centre and spend some time on the beach as we love to snorkell. We have a total of 15 nights. We are quite happy to travel around rather than staying in one place. I have had a look Derwan Archipelago and this looks very appealing as not to many tourists ect.

Any advise on where to visit, how many days in which places would be a huge help.

(We like going off the beaten track a little and seeing the 'real place')

Many thanks

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
638 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visit - some help please

Hi Jemma May I suggest for your jungle adventure you look up Kinabatangan River, Danum Valley or Tabin Wildlife area all of these offer great experiences (personally I have only done Kinabatangan but would love to do the others). Also Sepilok Orangutan centre is up around this area which is all on the Sandakan side of Sabah, opposite side to KK. Also on this side are a number of islands, including Turtle island, where you can enjoy beach time. Alternatively you can do a day trip from KK out to the Tunku Abdul rahman marine park for some beach time and snorkelling. I think your 15 days will allow a decent split between the different places

enjoy :-)

2. Re: First time visit - some help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, January 24, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu District