We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao

Groningen, The...
2 posts
Save Topic
Transport Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao

Hi, we're planning a 4 weeks trip on Sulawesi in december.

Anyone knows about te transport possibilities from Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao?

What about the wheather in South Sulawesi in december? Not too much rain?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Mentioned in this post
Bira
Bira
South Sulawesi, Indonesia
Sengkang
Sengkang
Rantepao
Rantepao
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao

I have just returned from ten days in South Sulawesi and can highly recommend Yulius Pabiaran to help you with your itinerary. I normally don't use a guide, but am glad that I organised some things which saved me time and gave me an experience I will never forget. So much so, I want to move to Toraja. Yulius can assist with local transport options including your Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao trip, private car if you prefer, unique homestays that you won't find in a guide book or on Trip Advisor, accommodation, special interest itineraries and if you decide to use a guide, I can highly recommend him. He has worked as a guide for 20 years all over Indonesia and Toraja is his homeland. I learned so much about the culture and enjoyed many local experiences that a guide book would never allow me to do. December is rainy season, but I'm not sure anyone could tell you how much will come. It is a beautiful part of the world and if you want everything to go smoothly and have a real cultural experience, get in touch with Yulius on yus_par@yahoo.com and he can help with your transport and planning all over Sulawesi and the rest of Indonesia. It's a magic part of the world. Enjoy your trip as much as I did!

Edited: 9:20 am, October 20, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Bira
Bira
Sengkang
Sengkang
Rantepao
Rantepao
Groningen, The...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao

Thanks for the advice! We certainly wil enjoy!

3. Re: Transport Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 am, October 21, 2013
Edited: 1:05 am, October 21, 2013
4. Re: Transport Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:35 am, April 14, 2015
5. Re: Transport Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:08 pm, April 14, 2015
6. Re: Transport Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:08 am, May 19, 2015
7. Re: Transport Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:58 pm, December 17, 2016
Konstanz, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao

We have travelled through Sulawesi for 4 weeks and have met Yulius Pabiaran in Rantepao. He personally guided us 3 days through and around Rantepao, which was perfect for us. We can recommend him as a very good local guide and organizer throughout Sulawesi.

On the first day we visited one of the famous funeral ceremonies of the Torajan people. Yulius was always well informed because he was in contact with the local people there. He knew when to be at a certain place, so we did not miss anything.

Also he accompanied us on our 2-days trekking tour through the north of Toraja. Yulius guided us through rice field, bamboo forests and Torajan villages. It was really adventures and very special as we did not walk on big paths. It was definitely not touristic and that was what we were looking for. Yulius even cooked a typical Torajan ‘Bamboo menu’ for us, which was really delicious.

After we had left Rantepao, we travelled down to Makkassar and Bira. Still, Yulius Pabiaran was helping us organizing transportation and accommodation.

Thank you very much for that. You made our trip memorable and enjoyable.

Fabian & Michaela from Germany

Mentioned in this post
Rantepao
Rantepao
Bira
Bira
Denpasar, Indonesia
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao

Hi, you can hire a confortable car with driver that speak good english at the local agent Panorama Toraja Indah. you can also find them at arrival hall Makassar airport.

Thanks

10. Re: Transport Pantai Bira - Sengkang - Rantepao

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about South Sulawesi