1. We are investigating travel options and so far we have found:
- train to Semarang, one night there and ferry to Kumai
- fly to Semarang/somewhere else and fly to PKN
2. BUT we can't find the airlines that fly and we want to check the prices - do they have offices in Jakarta we could visit? We don't really want to book through an agent as we are on a tight budget.
3. Also is the ferry a fun experience? Do you see much scenery on the way? Can you walk around/sunbathe on deck? What are the second class cabins like?
4. Finally in an ideal world we would see more of Kalimantan than just TPNP but we only have a week. We want to stay 3 days on a Klotok but if there was a good place to go via on the plane where we could see some more (floating markets/villages maybe) then this could be worth the extra flight cost.
Any advice would be fantastic.