We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jogja-Bromo-Ijen with kids.

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Jogja-Bromo-Ijen with kids.

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to Jogja next year and from there we will go to Bromo and Ijen by train. I need your advice whether Bromo and Ijen is suitable for kid one year old as one couple in our group planning to bring their kid together.

Thanks a lot for your help

Ezany

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jogja-Bromo-Ijen with kids.

I would say not so much... The trip to Bromo itself is rather challenging. For a trip to see a sunrise, the group need to wake up early (possibly past midnight if you're staying in the nearby city). It's a winding road. Also, a one year old won't be enjoying much of this and surely it will trouble the parents as the child has to experience different sleeping cycle due to this travel pattern... If possible, just leave the baby in the hotel with one of the guardian.

Probolinggo...
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jogja-Bromo-Ijen with kids.

agree to mr. cirque. bromo and ijen have an extreme whether and condition. for they are an outdoor tour. can be so cold, so windy and you can have dust storm in bromo. 3 hours hiking up to ijen. not so much a tour for a 1 year old kid. it is ok for yogya. but no for bromo and ijen. even if you insist to, must prepare a lot of things and have a very good guide to serve you. the possible trip if you insist is bromo, but ijen? definitely no.

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jogja-Bromo-Ijen with kids.

Thanks Mahdi and Cirque for your reply. I do think it is so not suitable for kids after browsing through all the picture of these places. But I need to be sure as maybe picture can be deceiving :) I guess it either up to Jogja for them or they need to go to Surabaya town rather than coming with us to Bromo. Thanks again :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jogja-Bromo-Ijen with kids.

It is perfectly fine to bring along the group whilst you do the tour from Yogyakarta to Bromo and then to Surabaya. Just make sure that when you are doing the tour to Bromo, you leave the kids at the hotel. Have them wait there until your return (it will just take couple of hours - not for days).

But if the group is okay to split, the family with one year old can proceed straightaway to Surabaya from Yogyakarta and meet up with the rest of the group in Surabaya. Alternatively, the family with kids can enjoy Malang town just nearby Surabaya which has more resort-feeling.

5. Re: Jogja-Bromo-Ijen with kids.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, September 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about East Java
More East Java Topics