We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WIFI Connection in Tuk Tuk (Samosir - North Sumatra)

Samosir
Level Contributor
431 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic

Guests planning to visit Lake Toba – Samosir and especially TUK TUK, should be aware that for the time being there will be no WIFI Connection and Landline Telephone connection. This holds for all of Tuk Tuk, starting from Jl Gereja. The situation in nearby places as Parapat, Tomok and Ambarita is normal.

The reason is that two days ago the next phase of the Tuk Tuk Ring Road reconstruction project was started with tearing up the main Telkom Cable.

Reportedly, a new cable has been ordered from Medan, but before the cable is here and in full operation will take some time, days, weeks if not months.

It means that guests can not expect any working WIFI in any accommodation in Tuk Tuk. It also means that accommodations depending on WIFI for communication for guests may have difficulties in communicating with their (potential) guests.

HORAS !!!! HORAS !!!!! HORAS !!!!! WELCOME TO LAKE TOBA AND TUK TUK

london
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: WIFI Connection in Tuk Tuk (Samosir - North Sumatra)

Strange practice. In Bukit Lawang they will kick out walk-in guests (i.e. those that have already stayed several nights) in order to accommodate (non-prepaid) bookings.

I don't know how they can call it a reservation, also the 70% figure doesn't sound true to me.

Samosir
Level Contributor
431 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: WIFI Connection in Tuk Tuk (Samosir - North Sumatra)

It is my pleasure to inform that since yesterday the regular WIFI has been fully restored all over Tuk Tuk. It does not mean that it is working in every place where you see the WIFI sign. If it is not working in the place where you expect it to work the excuse can not be anymore that it is because of the still ongoing drainage and road reconstruction works. The real reason being that in such place the equipment broke down or that the bill was not paid and therefore this particular spot was disconnected.

HORAS !!! HORAS !!! HORAS !!! WELCOME TO TUK TUK

13. Re: WIFI Connection in Tuk Tuk (Samosir - North Sumatra)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, January 09, 2015