We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gozo to Comino

Raleigh NC
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Gozo to Comino

We are arriving via cruise ship in August and understand there are some boats that ferry you over to Comino. Do these "ferry's" run pretty much all the time weather permitting? Can you rent snorkel gear on Comino? Any info is appreciated.

We have contacted several snorkeling operations and are waiting to hear back, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Kirk

boltonuk
Level Contributor
128 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gozo to Comino

There is only one hotel on Comino. Can i ask why you want to go there rather than anywhere else to snorkel?

Edited: 3:41 am, April 01, 2010
Raleigh NC
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gozo to Comino

Thanks for the response. Our ships tenders will drop us off at the dock at Mgarr. Since the boats that run to Comino leave from the same dock it just seemed to make sense. Plus it is reported to have great snorkeling and generally be a beautiful island. I am not adverse to another location but I do have a limited timeframe of noon to 17:00.

Thanks,

Krik

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,675 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gozo to Comino

You will not have any problems with weather in August ...it will be stifling hot and sunny with a calm sea . The boats run regularly from Marfa , close to the Gozo Ferry .

I cannot say if the hotel on comino rents snorkeling kits ..maybe you can contact them ?

Why would you want to spend your day in Malta on Comino ?? Usually cruise ship passengers have a limited time and spend their short time visiting Valletta and Mdina .

Apart from the Blue Lagoon , there is a lot of open space , a pig farm and a hotel .I have been to the Blue Lagoon more than a hundred times and still enjoy swimming there especially on the wrong side of Cominetto !

Raleigh NC
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gozo to Comino

Thanks for the response. Our interest in Comino was really because on this cruise we have a lot of busy stops and wanted to just relax, enjoy the beach, go snorkeling if we can as opposed to doing something more structured and hurried. As I said in the original post, we would really like to hook up with an outfit to do a sail/snorkel trip. The cruise line offers one but it is $130 per person which is obscene.

Also we will have been at Valletta the entire day before so we will have already visited that part of Malta.

Thanks,

Kirk

Edited: 9:44 am, April 01, 2010
Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gozo to Comino

You won't have any problems getting over to Comino, not sure about snorkeling equipment for hire there though. You might be better off trying to hire equipment on Gozo, or organising a snorkeling trip from someone on Gozo. Comino is a very tiny island with one hotel and no residents at all.

6. Re: Gozo to Comino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 30, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Mgarr
Recent Conversations
More Mgarr Topics