We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English football on Maltese TV

Which Mellieha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
English football on Maltese TV

Hi, i know English football is very popular in Malta and all bars have it on. I was wondering what the actually televison channels that show English football in Malta are.

I would like to be able to check out which matches are being shown during my week there so i can plan my evenings around that ( i know this sounds very sad )

does anyone have any links to sites showing which maltese TV listings for football etc please?

Thanks in advance

Gary.

malta
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English football on Maltese TV

probably it wouldn't be prodasted on maltese channels. thus it depend on the channels which a bar in particular has. however most bars would broadcast the most imp match and you can always ask them to change one of the tv's on a particlar match.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,054 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English football on Maltese TV

SKY I-2-3- Match of the day and the usual foreign channels you get in pubs I know when I stay in the Park Hotel they have a big screen showing whatever sky are showing live so ask your hotel.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English football on Maltese TV

Im hoping to catch Liverpool v Swansea on Sunday 17th Feb its not on sky in the UK as its a rearranged premier league game and also its FA cup weekend. I guess i'll take a walk around the various bars in mellieha around kick off time in the hope i find it on somewhere.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,054 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English football on Maltese TV

And hears me thinking you were talking about football.

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
380 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: English football on Maltese TV

Mick in Charlies bar will have it on .....if not noels/billy's music bar.

If you get in Charlies bar the day before and speak to Mick after 8pm he will tell you if he will be showing it for definate

uk
Level Contributor
365 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: English football on Maltese TV

Most bars advertise outside which games they are going to show for the following week, most games are available on various channels other than what we are used to in the UK, with some coming from Arabic channels with english commentary. I think you will find the game you want to watch most days no problems

Sliema
Level Contributor
536 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: English football on Maltese TV

I watch British telly all day and evening on a site called FilmOn. Just google it. You get all the BBC and ITV channels and others. I think it also has sport channels.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: English football on Maltese TV

thanks folks...........

compoSliema - i could get the match on my laptop no problem but i doubt i would be able to get sufficient download speed on my hotel wifi to sustain it.

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
380 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: English football on Maltese TV

i watch film on for british tele....you probably would have to use reception for laptop, or pay room connection fee which to me watchin on large tele with a beer is better value..............

Sliema
Level Contributor
536 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: English football on Maltese TV

A couple of months ago a Brit tourist who was staying in Qwara said he was watching this site on his laptop and had not problems. It is live tv from Britain. I had always wanted to see live British tv and when I read that i was overjoyed. Now I bought the connection which was only 5 euro to connect the laptop with the tv. What more can you ask for. Maltese tv is lousy, Italian tv bores me but hey British telly is the Star....

Get answers to your questions about Mellieha
Recent Conversations