We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English TV channels ?

Which Mellieha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mellieha, Malta
3 posts
Save Topic
English TV channels ?

I am thinking about going to Mellieha Bay hotel , what English TV channels are available. As my wife reads and I watch TV.

Sliema
Level Contributor
536 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: English TV channels ?

Is this cable good to use with a tv and laptop? Does it matter whatn tv or laptop you have. Thanks..

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: English TV channels ?

If you have a tablet, you need to make sure it has a micro HDMI connection, and the TV is an HD TV.

…busytrade.com/175801200/Micro-Hdmi-Cable.jpg

You can use other connections depending what your laptop has. This you will have to find out

Edited: 11:02 am, December 04, 2012
Sliema
Level Contributor
536 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: English TV channels ?

Mine is just a laptop 17" screen.. I have been using the Memory stick and into my tv. But now that I got this site, I wish to connect the laptop to tv.

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: English TV channels ?

depends much if you got an hdmi connection on your laptop and tv..if not then maybe a dvi connector (video only) on laptop and a converter to hdmi but then you would need an av cable from laptop speaker output to av inputs of the tv for sound.

On the original post travellers may be able to connect to the hotel tv - as many of the newer hotels have modern flat screen tvs, but i dont think the MBH has - id be surprised if it has as its an older hotel and in need of refurb so the tvs are likely to be the older CRT types with just scart and audio outputs...of course you might be still be able to connect with the appropriate adaptor...

or in the case of both laptop and tv having wifi ability you may be able to connect that way

Edited: 2:11 am, December 09, 2012
Hamble, United...
Level Contributor
425 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: English TV channels ?

Dusty

I have just loaded the app to my ipad and its very goo with excellent picture quality.

Does it really work this well abroad.

Paul (close to you in Hamble)

Paul

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: English TV channels ?

That will depend if copy right allows with the ip address you have been given abroad. Not to mention internet speeds and pings.

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: English TV channels ?

the pc version of www.filmon.com works here fine without a vpn..and is not geo blocked by the malta ip address. whether it stays that way who knows?

Edited: 7:13 am, December 11, 2012
28. Re: English TV channels ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:26 pm, October 22, 2013
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: English TV channels ?

if you like sport try livetv,ru

30. Re: English TV channels ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha