We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses in/around Mellieha in November

Which Mellieha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Buses in/around Mellieha in November

Can you please help this Malta novice planning a first trip to the island!

What is it like getting around the island in November by public transport? My better half likes the look of the Seabank hotel in Mellieha (so I am sure that is where we will be staying) if that helps.

Many thanks.

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses in/around Mellieha in November

Hi City Seasider,

Check out the post sent by JackieBarr, and the reply by Phil-The-Bus, which answers your question. It is also worth remembering that Mellieha is very quiet during the winter months, as with other parts of Malta, places close for winter. Without wishing to deter you from Mellieha, it might be a good idea to look at other resorts such as, Bugibba - Qawra - St Julians or Sliema.

Have a good holiday.

Edited: 1:20 pm, September 17, 2012
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,454 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses in/around Mellieha in November

The post referred to by Crepello is tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g230152-i1509-k5… .

This TA article should also help: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g190311-c109681/Malta… .

Phil-the-Bus

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses in/around Mellieha in November

Thanks to you both for your replies - they are appreciated. I had read both the posts before writing mine - and then didn't make it clear what I was really looking for. Put it down to old age!

My question should have been "Are buses fewer and further between when the winter timetable starts at the beginning of November?" I think the answer is no (for the main services) but confirmation would be appreciated.

Thanks Crepello for the advice about how quiet Mellieha is during the winter months. We will look at the other resorts before booking. One thing is for certain - we are on our way to somewhere in Malta in November.

Thanks again.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,454 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses in/around Mellieha in November

"Are buses fewer and further between when the winter timetable starts at the beginning of November?"

Not really, although we haven't yet found out what changes, if any, are to be introduced at the end of the Summer Season in October. However, hopefully they won't be quite so full.

Phil-the-Bus

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses in/around Mellieha in November

like any where else in the world it depends what you want for your holiday and all places have pluses and minuses. Qawra Bugibba St Pauls are busier but not massively so...but then its dirtier and noisier but it has more pubs bars and a sort of nightlife as it was originally designed as a toruist village in the 60s.. Whereas Mellieha is cleaner and not so noisy - yes it is quieter for sure but it depends what you want...st julians and sliema can also quiet but it has more to offer in terms of evening nightlife and not much by way of beach

msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses in/around Mellieha in November

Check all routs that Arriva have around all the Island of Malta ans Gozo. this includes the Airport Bus to many Turistic Places ... http://www.arriva.com.mt/home?l=1

Print outs ROUTS so one will well prepared ...

Edited: 7:20 am, November 09, 2012
Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses in/around Mellieha in November

i think the timetables change on the 11th or 12th November

Edited: 3:31 am, November 10, 2012
msida-malta
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses in/around Mellieha in November

Yes David on that date Arriva start with it's winter routes ... but still one can check and print the new winter routes by then ...

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buses in/around Mellieha in November

good stuff

10. Re: Buses in/around Mellieha in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, December 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha