We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So Annoying

Which Mellieha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
380 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
So Annoying

Got back tonight from a fantastic week in Mellieha but why oh why do people book taxi's and they are not ready when it arrives.

We waited on time outside the agreed pick up for our taxi. Then had to wait another 5 minutes for a couple to get outside the Pergola and get in. We then went round to the Solana by this time we were running 20 minutes late. We here had to wait 15 minutes for a family to put in an appearance ....hugging and kissing other guests running back in for another hug or kiss the poor taxi driver was pulling his hair out huffing and puffing trying to shut his doors and get on to the last pick up.

The last pick up were waiting no hold up.

We then had to get a move on to get to the airport as the driver must have had Airport Pick ups from guests arriving for their holiday and as most will agree after getting up really early having a plane ride arriving you just need to get to your accomodation and have drink or something to eat.

These selfish guests leave a lot to be desired.

Again another wonderful week for us...roll on 12 weeks we will be back

BTN UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: So Annoying

Hi June,

very interested in your travel republic transfer. We are going to Vittoriosa in July. I loked up travel republic immediately. When entering travel resort it doesn't offer that choice of area. By any chance do you have any idea how to enter different data??

Or is it not possible to book them if resort is different??

Any help appreciated. Cause when I looked up regular taxi in Malta it came up with euro 20 each way!

thanks bella

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,222 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: So Annoying

Hi Bellha. I have just phoned them up for you and apparently if it is not on the drop down list then they do not do transfers there. They said you can book the transfer to the nearest resort on the list then make the rest of the journey yourself but that does seem rather pointless. Sorry I could not help any more than that. Good luck in your search and enjoy your holiday.

BTN UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: So Annoying

Dear June,

Thank you so very much for finding this out on behalf of me. That was a very, very nice thought. I agree that going only part of the way seems a a bit difficult with luggage and toddlers - more like our 20 year old teenagers acting like toddlers ;-). Well - looks like we will have to go with the regular taxi service to Vittoriosa. We arrive at midnight and not chancing any buses that time of day either.

But thanks again for your kind help. Bella

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
380 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: So Annoying

Hi Bellha

Try resorthopper.com......we paid 25ish euro's from airport to Mellieha and return. They are reliable very friendly and helpful with luggage etc.

happy holiday

BTN UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: So Annoying

Hi, thanks for your tip. I contacted resorthopper on their admin web address. They got back to me within the hour and said that if Vittoriosa is not on their list, they would not go their with their taxi drivers. Guess they are only offering certain locations. It was worth trying. I did realize at the time of booking the apartment, that Birgu/Vittoriosa is off the beaten track..., but I thought it was still popluar with locals and other tourists. But thanks again.

16. Re: So Annoying

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha