We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So Annoying

Which Mellieha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
380 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
So Annoying

Got back tonight from a fantastic week in Mellieha but why oh why do people book taxi's and they are not ready when it arrives.

We waited on time outside the agreed pick up for our taxi. Then had to wait another 5 minutes for a couple to get outside the Pergola and get in. We then went round to the Solana by this time we were running 20 minutes late. We here had to wait 15 minutes for a family to put in an appearance ....hugging and kissing other guests running back in for another hug or kiss the poor taxi driver was pulling his hair out huffing and puffing trying to shut his doors and get on to the last pick up.

The last pick up were waiting no hold up.

We then had to get a move on to get to the airport as the driver must have had Airport Pick ups from guests arriving for their holiday and as most will agree after getting up really early having a plane ride arriving you just need to get to your accomodation and have drink or something to eat.

These selfish guests leave a lot to be desired.

Again another wonderful week for us...roll on 12 weeks we will be back

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,567 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So Annoying

You are right . It is a nuisance when people act like this.

Anyway , have a good moan and then hope it doesn`t next time.

In a few weeks time it won`t seem very important !!!!

Hope you enjoyed your stay in Malta.

Graham

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So Annoying

its the same with the last people to get on board the plane....why does this happen...

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So Annoying

We just came back from Malta last week and we used a private transfer so no other passengers to pick up. It was only £20 return off Travel Republic and the service was brilliant. The man was waiting as we came through customs with a sign up with our name on and for the return he arrived 10 minutes early and we were already at our reception waiting. I thought for £20 return the service could not be faulted.

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So Annoying

where were you travelling from to the airport?

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So Annoying

Hi David. Not sure if that question was for me or the OP. I was staying in Qawra at the San Antonio.

Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So Annoying

yes - it was sorry - it just helps to know the locations and judge the prce thats all....as i thought that was cheap for mellieha....

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
380 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So Annoying

we use resort hopper they are always very good cannot fault the driver he was on time.......cost 24 euro's for return journey to Mellieha....

I understand guests will become friends but a time is a time you are given a pick up time so you should be ready and either have an earlier breakfast, say goodbye to friends so when the taxi arrives you are ready to go

Bet these people are the first to moan if driver late to collect them at the airport when they arrive.

Wirral
Level Contributor
93 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So Annoying

I cut out all this sort of thing by picking up & dropping off my hire car at the airport, lets me go at my own pace!!

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So Annoying

June. You got a good deal to Qawra as it is usually 45 euro return these days.

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: So Annoying

Hi lovewarmerclimates. U got me thinking I was wrong but checked my card statement. I have also just been on travel republic web site and put in dates for end June/early July and its a total of 21 pounds for private return transfer to qawra or 12 pounds total for shuttle transfer. Anyone looking for transfers at the moment you might just get a bargain on travel republic. Happy holidays everyone. Wish I was still there.

Get answers to your questions about Mellieha
Recent Conversations