We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening meals.

South Wales, UK.
Level Contributor
379 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Evening meals.

Where in Mellieha would you suggest I go for :-

1. Authentic Maltese dishes.

2. The best steak.

3. The best value for money meals.

4. The best Chinese/Indian.

Any other tips or info' would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Mellieha
Mellieha
Island of Malta, Malta
Bouquet Garni
$$ - $$$, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
Rebekah's Restaurant
$$$$, Mediterranean, European
one80 Kitchen & Lounge
$$ - $$$, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,363 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening meals.

The Cross Keys ---- which is on the left as you enter Mellieha --- certainly serves a good meal . One of the best steaks I have ever tried.

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Mellieha
Mellieha
Island of Malta, Malta
Malta
Level Contributor
402 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening meals.

There is a Chinese between HSBC and Bank of Valletta (on the right as you go down the hill in the village) - never been there so cannot tell you about standard of food. Ta'Peter I heard is good and serves up local food. On the hill down towards the bay on the right hand side is Half Way Inn good for both steaks, fish and a laugh with Godfrey the chef. On the corner opposite ~HSBC is Champ which is one our typical Maltese snack take away with delicious snacks you have to taste like Pastizzi, Qassatat, various pies, slabs of pizzas and even ready made rice and macaroni meals - all ridiculously cheap. For a posh meal there is the famous Arches and numerous other restaurants which offer pretty decent food. In the bay you can try Zefferinos which is on the right before you actually get to the bay and actually on the beach overlooking the sea are Il-Padrino (try the Maltese platter starter) and further along on the beach Point Break.

Mentioned in this post
Valletta
Valletta
Island of Malta, Malta
South Wales, UK.
Level Contributor
379 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening meals.

Thank you, at least I now have some places to head for, any more suggestions?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening meals.

Add il Mithna to your list, It is located further up Oliver Borg Street pass Valetta and HSBC banks, and it is on the right hand side of the road.

Nearer the bay I would recommenr the Last Paradise. Small pub/restaurants but delicious Maltese food.

Happy eating.

Cas

Mentioned in this post
Mithna
Mithna
912 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening meals.

they are all good in the village - the chinese is Master Wok and can be highly recommended as can Il Mithna, Bouquet Garni,

L'escargot and Ta Peter...enjoy

Mentioned in this post
Mithna
Mithna
912 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Bouquet Garni
Bouquet Garni
1,479 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Belfast
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening meals.

the nearest indian is about 3 miles away in the rundown Village before St Paul's bay, we never tried it though i have to say it looked fine although it was in the middle of nowhere.

from my memory all the chineses in Mellieha seemed a similar standard to the UK, although Master Wok may have been marginally the best one.

Ta Kanani restaurant in main st has the most amazing pizzas ive ever had and did great steaks also, it was also the best value restaurant in Mellieha

Mentioned in this post
St. Paul's Bay
St. Paul's Bay
Island of Malta, Malta
Mellieha
Mellieha
Island of Malta, Malta
Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening meals.

The one your talking about is Ganesha in Xemxija. It has a good reputation and accordng to my indian friend she says its as close as you will get here. As for chinese - Master Wok is lovely - although I can also recommend the buffet (about 10euros) at the FuYi cantonese in Bugibba on pioneeer road near the cinema. They also do a carryout from the buffet in a rather large box for 4.50euros.....

Ta Kanani is the cheapest by a long way as its within the labour club, and benefits from that..

Mentioned in this post
Bugibba
Bugibba
Island of Malta, Malta
South Wales, UK.
Level Contributor
379 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Evening meals.

Thank you one and all for your replys, 2 weeks today and I'll be in Mellieha.

Mentioned in this post
Mellieha
Mellieha
Island of Malta, Malta
Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Evening meals.

You must try "The Chef" at Xemxija, located a little off the beaten track, between the main road and the bay and behind the church at the top of the hill and close to the old boatyard (shipwreck bay its known as) next to the old Ambassador Hotel, (the hotel is currently under refurb - ready for opening in May). The restaurant is superb, decor in the style of an olde worlde wine bar,the staff were attentive, the service great, the food was exceptional, fresh and warm Maltese bread followed by slow roasted irish lamb, with roasted peppers, fennel, courgettes, potatoes and wow a fab gravy too....all washed down with a red caravaggio and a white palatino...mmmmmmmmand very reasonably priced too. SUPERB is the word. TRY IT - YOU WONT REGRET IT.

Nb they do a slow roast lamb, belly pork and beef ribs (4hrs cooking at least) and you need to book 24hours before its advertised as for four at 50euros...but honestly there is enough for six.

Edited: 3:12 am, April 20, 2012
South Wales, UK.
Level Contributor
379 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Evening meals.

Thank you David, 'The Chef' has been added to my list, looks like I'll be putting on some weight during my holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Mellieha