We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to Mellieha

ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
airport to Mellieha

How long is the taxi journey ftom the airport to Mellieha?

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport to Mellieha

I went to Malta for the 1st time last year and the taxi to Mellieha from airport took around 20/25 mins or so,not too far away.Mind you,the lady taxi driver was putting her foot down,but got there safe and sound.......Mellieha is a lovely resort.I really enjoyed my 5 days there.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport to Mellieha

looking at FAQ re Malta Airport and transport...states Airport to Mellieha approx 60 mins & fixed rate of 29.50Euro...if one can get there in 20-25 mins they must have broken the speed record or there was not one other car on the road. If I recall correct a taxi to Sliema from airport is about 20 mins...Mellieha is a lot further north.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport to Mellieha

Mellieha covers a vast area, there is Mellieha bay, Mellieha village, Ramla Bay, Golden Bay and Paradise bay all of these fall under the description of Mellieha and are many miles apart, for example we stay at Golden Bay and it takes me 15 minutes to drive to Mellieha village and longer to say Ramla Bay.

I would guess that a taxi from the airport paid for at the airport booth would be in the region of €20 to €25 to say Ramla Bay, I have never used the taxis but having spoken to other guests a taxi to Golden bay should be €17 to €20. Watch out taxis are very expensive and quotes to the same destination can vary wildly.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport to Mellieha

I can't remember exactly but I would say about 40 minutes.

Depending on the speed the taxi driver goes :D

Booked this year through www.resorthoppa.com worked out at £22.27 for a return transfer for 2 adults and 1 child... bargain! Last year paid £33.

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport to Mellieha

Well,I left the airport at 2pm and was in my hotel (The Seabank) by 2.30pm and yes,there wasn't much traffic on the road and as said the lady driver in question did drive very fast,but I can only state what time it took for me.By 3pm I was having a drink by the pool at La Luna S/C apts with my mum and my 2 boys as I couldn't get booked in there.I travelled with Mercury Direct and transport was inc in price from/to airport to hotel.On my return to airport was a different matter,as was picked up by small coach and had lots of pick ups at other hotels on the island.That journey took well over an hour from Seabank to airport.Don't want to mislead the OP,but just relaying how quick my journey was........

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport to Mellieha

Hi there.....

I did the airport to Mellieha transfer, there and back in November last year, both journeys were on a Saturday afternoon and both were NO longer than 30 minutes, so yes can be done, but i guess time of day could have an impact......, taxi was NOT speeding...

Cannot comment on costs, as both journeys were with my tour operator, and in private taxis, operator was Mercury Direct...., hotel was Panorama in Mellieha Village...

Regards

Dave

Island of Gozo...
Level Contributor
380 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport to Mellieha

Hi fatheadstoops...have just booked for us same taxi as you.....waiting ...this time next week we will be there.....

ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport to Mellieha

Thanks everybody, hopefully in 8 days will be sipping a cocktail and relaxing.

Malta
Level Contributor
60 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport to Mellieha

what time you ll be arriving ? and what day of the week?

traffic in malta has increased .if there is not traffic it will be a 30 min journey from airport as at the moment there are some road works near airport so some roads are closed

if you ll be coming on fri or sat in the eve , there will be more traffic

hope this helps

Wirral
Level Contributor
93 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airport to Mellieha

Depends on which route you go, but I drive from the airport to Mellieha & do it in approximately 35 minutes. That is not going too fast (as I can sometimes drive like the locals when there!) and avoiding the speed cameras!

Get answers to your questions about Mellieha