We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mellieha bay hotel for christmas 2011

sunderland
Level Contributor
182 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
mellieha bay hotel for christmas 2011

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone was going to the Mellieha bay hotel for Christmas. Me and my boyfriend have just booked leaving on Christmas eve. We have never been to Malta before so any useful info would be greatly received. Get in touch if any of you guys are going!

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
wigan
Level Contributor
310 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mellieha bay hotel for christmas 2011

me and my hubby are going for New Year from the 27th Dec. I went to Malta 31 years ago so my input won't be any use but see you at the bar is all I can say - lol

Edited: 5:49 am, December 06, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mellieha bay hotel for christmas 2011

If you want to enjoy Malta more , from the Mellieha bay , you need to hire a car as the hotel is a bit remote and the beach is not an option in December , even if there is an indoor pool .

Great views onto the bay , beautiful gardens and good staff will make your stay worth remembering .

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
wigan
Level Contributor
310 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mellieha bay hotel for christmas 2011

We do usually hire a car for 3 or 4 days so will take that opportunity to see more than I usually do on summer holidays when I have to be peeled from the sun loungers !!

sunderland
Level Contributor
182 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mellieha bay hotel for christmas 2011

ok will see you there on the 27th .weve never been to malta before so we are looking forward to going .kev and jan

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mellieha bay hotel for christmas 2011

I agree with 643amc in hire a car as this hotel is remote and on the far side of Mellieha Bay about 10 minutes car journey to Mellieha village. Although there is a car hire desk in the hotel, you would do far better booking elsewhere. I used to hear couples saying that they had hired a medium car for so much for 4 days; whereas I had paid that for a week!

I have stayed at this hotel about 20 times up to and including 2007, so if you want to pm me an email address I will send you my notes and try and answer questions.

There is an indoor pool although not very big. In winter this hotel is very popular with the retired folk who come out for several weeks at a time.

Have a great holiday.

wigan
Level Contributor
310 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mellieha bay hotel for christmas 2011

Will be keeping fingers and toes crossed for good weather. We have been lucky in Cyprus for the last 2 years but fancied a change of scenery - can always pack the playing cards though - Sue and Dave

Edited: 4:33 am, December 08, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
sunderland
Level Contributor
182 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mellieha bay hotel for christmas 2011

we were at sharm last xmas and was about 30 degrees on xmas day ,xmas before we were at benidorm 25 degrees .it will be hotter than england thats for sure .

Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mellieha bay hotel for christmas 2011

My wife and I will be there, arriving December 23rd and leaving on December 30th. This will be our first time in Malta and my first time to Europe. I have traveled internationally, to Mexico, the Caribbean and to Japan but never to Europe, the Mediterranean or many other spots on this earth. I am certain Malta will be much warmer than Pennsylvania here in the United States. I am assuming it won't be hard to hire a car at the hotel to get there initially and possibly for some sightseeing.

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania
United States
United States
United States
North America
Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mellieha bay hotel for christmas 2011

Whoops, my mistake, we are staying at the Golden Sands Hotels which is still in Mellieha. My apologies.

Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mellieha bay hotel for christmas 2011

My mistake again, it's the Heavenly Collection at Golden Sands or the Radisson Blu hotel in Mellieha.