We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

Which Mellieha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

Hi

I have booked a villa for june 2008 on the santa maria estate I would like to know if there are alot of things to do at this resort or will we have to travel we have been to malta before but stayed at st pauls bay which we found great.

Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

Santa Marija is residential but at the edge of Mellieha ......... it is not as busy as Bugibba.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

I would suggest hiring a car so that you can get about the island easily. As the previous poster said this is a residential area so you will need to travel out of the estate to go to the beach, restaurants etc

Rugby
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

Did anyone get back to you on this request?

We are looking to book in the same Villa complex and I am just curious.

London, UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

I would say a car is essential. I know people who stayed there 2 years ago, and if your villa is at the bottom, you need to be really fit to get back up to the road. this is quite a large development and runs downhill from the main road into Mellieha.

Having said that, it is a very nice residential area (villas there are often worth £500K+) and Mellieha (Ghadira Bay) is a fantastic beach. They have jet-skis, paragliding, diving, boat trips etc. there. I don't think there is a huge amount of nightlife outside the hotels, although the restaurants are good (The Arches, although expensive, is one of the better ones in Malta).

England
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

Santa Maria is, as previously stated, a residential area. There are quite a number of millionaire type properties, lovely to view!! However, it is cut off a bit. You will certainly need a car.

You can get a car easilt in Mellieha, we use Drifter car Hire, they are 24 hours taxis as well. They have a web site. We have always found them to be good.

Melleiha has some decent eateries, which are mostly on the main village street. There are also some down towards the sea front.

Have a good holiday.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

Just got back from my Holiday in mellieha to which I stayed in a Villa the Villa was absolutely lovely had a great time we hired a car for 1 1/2 weeks and we went to some great places the weather was fantastic as well as suspected mellieha is quiet but a lovely relaxing holiday.Some amazing restaurants in Mellieha especially reflections who do a fantastic fillet beef!!! The service there is very good also. The chips at alantil boy are also to die for! There isn't alot to do throughout the day apart from go to the beach or stay around the pool. The bakery on Main Street also do some lovely croissants, doughnuts and amazing cream cakes!!!!

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

Glad you enjoyed your holdiay and good to hear how you found Santa Maria Estate in Mellieha

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

If I`m not mistaken , the Estate is not exactly on the sandy beach and is just outside the actual village so a car would be useful.

Santa Marija Estate is built on a steep hill so the villa`s on the top have better views and are nearer to the main road. The ones at the bottom are nearer to the sea.

I`ve just read that Fuego Salsa Bar is opening at mellieha - fuego.com.mt

You can go to atp.com.mt to see direct and night bus services too. Phone the atp when you`re in Malta to confirm the times.

Leeds
Level Contributor
83 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

Hiya, Which Villa did you stay in? We have booked to go in a villa late June and have gone with James Villas for one in the Santa Maria Estate.

Thanks

10. Re: Santa Maria Estate Mellieha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha
Recent Conversations