We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parque Santiago ?

kent
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Parque Santiago ?

Hi All

We are booked to travel in february to Parque Santiago 2 staying in a private apartment. We are travelling with my elderly parents and my 2.5 year old son. I am a bit concerned it will be noisy & lots of drinkers out in the evening, when we go out for dinner?

We are travelling the beginning of feb, anyone know that area, as we have not been there before?

Many Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,824 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parque Santiago ?

hi

ps2 is a nice complex in a nice area, if your apt is overlooking the patch, then yes you will hear noise from the bars at night,

when you say 'lots of drinkers out in the evening when we go out for dinner' what do you mean?

This area is busy, with quite a few bars and restaurants, so you can expect to hear some nosie at night. But not as much noise as you get from the veronicas/starcos area.

not sure if you know, but you have to rent sunbeds at ps2 they are 2 euros a day for a sunbed and another 2 euros if you want a matress.

hope that you enjoy your holiday

kent
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parque Santiago ?

Thanks for the info.

The apartment terrace backs on to the beach apparantly so hoping that will curb the noise.

I just meant lots of drunks or/and party goers, although I doubt it at the time we will be out, ie early evening.

I have booked the holiday for my parents so feel responsible for the resort.

Thanks again

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,090 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parque Santiago ?

The area is really nice as Lenny says ..........not to far from the Safari centre and this has some great restaurants .They even have a light show at the dancing fountains on an evening

its not in the area that once gave tenerife a bad name ,which its now trying very hard to dismiss .The areas where you get a lot of noise and greater numbers of those who go out to drink are the Patch ,Starcos ,and veronicas areas of entertainment .

If they make their way to the Safari centre at the far end and find Zaras clothes shop and then cross to the smaller shopping centre over the road keep to the left there is a slope/ramp down to Playa Las Vistas (10 mins walk from the hotel)imo best beach in the area this runs left at the bottom of the slope ,the sea front walk way runs into Los Cris ( not knowing how fit or age but from the slope approx 30 mins ) lots of places to stop off for a drink along the way .

So all in all i think they will have a great holiday ,and i aint so young myself !!!and i love it .

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,824 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parque Santiago ?

stop worrying you will have a fab time, out of ps2 turn right, walk to the end and follow the road round to the left, and you'll have some fab nights out,

and some brilliant shops should shopping be your thing.

like onelegnofeet says i'm not that young and i love this area, we took our grandchild in novermber to the colon 2 apts and he loved it,

Lancashire
Level Contributor
328 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parque Santiago ?

This is a really good area, especially for your parents as it is all on the flat.

We are in our 70's and stay here every year. If you go out the back door of the apartment area you are on the sea front with plenty of restaurants and flat areas to walk. Go out the front, there are even more restaurants. There are two attached to PS2 itself, Montana & El Cedros (our favourite) They do not have loud music, just good food and great staff. The bars are mainly down the side roads, not in the area near the apartments.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parque Santiago ?

We've stayed at PS 1&2 numerous times and never lost a moments sleep due to rowdiness.Old complexes but exceptionally well maintained and run However, as a previous poster pointed out the cost of loungers,cushions and umbrellas can seriously add to your spending/costs. Upside is that you don't often get people reserving areas around the pool and not using them. There are vantage points poolside for the sunnier spots especially in Feb. We invariably eat at the Montana and have never had cause to complaint.

kent
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parque Santiago ?

Thank you for all your help, we are looking forward to it. Keeping our fingers crossed for the weather as its looking rather unsettled!

8. Re: Parque Santiago ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, January 23, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Arona