We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drink Prices

Sheffield
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Drink Prices

Hi, I am travelling to Tenerife in a couple of weeks staying in Los Cristianos, Unfortunately I am half board (I usually travel all-in) and would be greatful if anybody would let me know the average price of beer and wine.

Many Thanx

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drink Prices

depending on the price of the euro, it normally works out just slightly cheaper of rmost drinks, tho look out for the bargains advertised outside the pubs

Sheffield
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Drink Prices

Thank you, so with the Euro almost identical to the pund at the moment the drinks prices will be on par with this country and does this apply within the hotels as as well?

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drink Prices

when we were there in september it was about 5.50 for a pint of lager and a vodka and coke. bars do vary so shop around and you will also get a pint for a euro during the day. Hotels being what they are, are normally quite dearer tho we normally do self catering

Dumfries
Level Contributor
375 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drink Prices

I remember a friend and his wife were over last year.Out walking around fanabe they fancied a drink and went into a bar that said pints were 1 euro.They ordered a pint and an orange juice.The bill came to 6 euros.Charged 5 euros for the orange juice.

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drink Prices

This is a subject that is often debated on many Tenerife forums. You can pay virtually anything depending on what type of establishment you want and what you want to drink. There are many, perfectly good bars selling local, Tenerife brews (Dorada & Reina) and also a few others for between one and two euros. Dorada & Reina, in my opinion, are perfectly good beers although of course they are lagers. Hotel and bars offering evening entertainment will be more expensive, sometimes ludicrously overpriced, but you pay your money and take your choice.

My preference is for a good, clean bar with decent food and drink at a reasonable price. I never pay more than two euros for a beer. Wine in these bars is usually 1.5 to 2 euros and a spirit and mixer around 1.5 to 2.5 euros. If you want the same drink as you buy in the UK (Carling, John Smiths etc) you will obviously pay more usually around 2.5 to 3.5 euros in a normal bar. It will be the same if you are addicted to spirit brands (Smirnoff etc) but there is usually a cheaper alternative. I totally disagree with the idea that if your not paying a fortune for it the bar and the drink must be rubbish. As one of the other posters has mentioned, beware of the price of soft drinks, they can often cost as much if not more than alcholic drinks.

6. Re: Drink Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 03, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Arona