We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The blanket excursion

England
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
The blanket excursion

I've heard mention of this trip whereby you're driven around the country side a bit, able to buy a lunch somewhere taken to a no hard sell blanket place and taken back. Apparently no charge for the trip.

anyone know anything about it.

We're at the H10 Meloneras end oct for a week with no car, so might be an option for a day out.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,202 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The blanket excursion

This question has been asked several times over the years.

These trips have been going for many years and in lots of different countries.

Various firms do these trips and apparently some are better than others --- some pushier at their sales presentation.

I have said before that the most reliable of the companies is PAL PROMOTIONS.

The trips are excellent and cost absolutely nothing.

However you have to sit through a bedding sales presentation which is NOT a hard sell.

There are always some people who buy which finances the free trip for everyone .

Enjoy the trips.

Graham

penzance
Level Contributor
124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The blanket excursion

i have just returned from Gran Canaria and went on this trip with my family! we were collected from the hotel did a few pick ups on the way then headed near the airport for a presentation about the beds and bedding products. Had a free juice or bucks fizz and entered into a free raffle . Yes it is abit boring especially if you have fidgety kids but no hard sell . We didnt buy anything but did win the raffle which i used to wrap my bottle of gin up to put in the case !! we were then taken to Aguimes which is lovely bought a drink in the bar or you could just spend the half an hour or so looking around. We then went to the valley of Guayadeque where people still live in caves although very civilized! Here we had a lunch in the cave restaurant of tapas which were fab and only 7 euros each person . We were then taken back to our hotel in time for happy hour seeing abit more of the island on the way . Plus Tony the english guide has a great knowledge of the island even if his jokes are pretty bad !!

England
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The blanket excursion

Thank Graham.

Do PAL Promotions advertise their trip, what day does it go on. Do they collect at the hotel or do you go to central point first.

England
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The blanket excursion

Thanks Maria. Your post wasn't showing when I replied to the first reply.

Sounds like you enjoyed it.

I did a bit of googling and PAL have a website where you can send a message to.

What day did you go on.

What is the product.... seems to be some sort of lambs wool cover?

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,018 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The blanket excursion

Trickster.

It is mentioned at the hotels by the Reps, any Rep will point you to who to book with at the hotel.

This recent post might be helpful. The guided tour of Aguimes is very worth walking. Lots of history and beautiful sculptures which the guide explains the significance of.

tripadvisor.ie/…52485459

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,202 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The blanket excursion

You can often find leaflets for these excursions in hotels.

They pick up at various points ----- you will have to check with the reps.

Graham

England
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The blanket excursion

thanks guys.

Sounds good .However I'll probably feel sorry for the sales people and spend a grand on a mattress

penzance
Level Contributor
124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The blanket excursion

I had read fairly good reviews about this trip before i went so when they introduced Tony the guide at the thomas cook welcome meeting at our hotel i took notice .After going back and explaining it to my other half and kids we decided to go!! yeah it is wool bedding ....merino wool apparently the best !! sell matress, cover for matress , duvet type covers even slippers made from the wool. One person bought on our trip but not sure what exactly although i have read some reviews since being home moaning about PAL and their products once they arrived , but as far as the trip goes it was fine even if the kids did moan abit!!

9. Re: The blanket excursion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, September 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Maspalomas
Recent Conversations