We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please can any one re assure us about this hotel?

Which Maspalomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Please can any one re assure us about this hotel?

My friend and I have already booked to go to this hotel on June 17th 2013. What initaially sold us the hotel was the man made beach. As I have mobility problems and walking over the dunes to the real beach would be a imposibility.

The day after booking this hotel, un be known to me, my friend had read the reviews on this site and was extremely worried and concerned at what seems to be vast amounts of unruly children (and unruly parents!) we are NOT against children in the slightest, I myself am a parent. But we have booked this holiday for me to have a break from what has been a traumatic few months.

I only became aware of all these issues when I recieved a call from Thomson last weekend to ask to speak to my friend, I explained we didn't live together and asked what was going on! (he had asked Thomson specifically not to contact me, so as not to worry me!)

The bottom line is this, my friend wants reassurance from Thomson that this is indeed a hotel worthy of its Platinum Hotel status and it is not a mini Butlins! (having read reviews of walkways littered with pushchairs, and the dining room being like a school dinner hall etc) As I explained previously I am of limited mobility and it won't take a lot to knock me over. We understand that Thomson cannot guarantee all children should be seen and not heard, And nor would we ever advocate this, of course everyone is entitled to a family holiday and children should have fun running around playing etc. But I cannot simply get up and go to the beach or find a quiet spot.

Thomson are still advocating this is indeed a Platinum Hotel and they "Are not aware of any bad reviews" despite their website being littered with them. And seem completely un- interested in my friends concerns.

We have also found out that the Scandanavian summer hols start 10th June! we fly out on the 17th! so unless we are prepared to pay £50.00 each to change hotels, plus the difference in price of the hotel we are stuffed.....

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please can any one re assure us about this hotel?

I Should of course put the name of the Hotel in the subject line. MASPALOMAS PRINCESS

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please can any one re assure us about this hotel?

I think the Riu Melonares Palace would have suited you better having been to both there is no comparison

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please can any one re assure us about this hotel?

Thank you for your reply, What were your issues with the Princess, if you don't mind my asking?

Trowbridge , UK
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Please can any one re assure us about this hotel?

Next time maybe do your research before booking

surrey
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please can any one re assure us about this hotel?

Next time maybe have something constructive to say rather than criticism!!!!!!!!!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please can any one re assure us about this hotel?

Thank you fussy57, appreciated. We booked it from the brochure where unfortunately they do not have room for the multitude of reviews that are available online.

kent
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please can any one re assure us about this hotel?

Have stayed here.Its a nice place,although we didnt stay in June was April.I wouldnt worry too much.It has beautiful gardens where you can find some peace if required.I am sure you will have a great time,staff are wonderful there could not do enough for us.You are not going in the British school holidays which is a BONUS.Foreign kids are much better behaved!.Enjoy your holiday,we loved it there.Relax.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please can any one re assure us about this hotel?

HI,

I have stayed here a few years ago. It IS a family hotel but no more than any other family hotel.

I really enjoyed this hotel. Great rooms, lovely man made beach and grounds. GREAT food :)

Remember, that Lunch and Dinner is buffet. In any hotel I have been to that has buffet food, there are lots of people walking around and the odd occasional child. I did not find it in the least off putting, in fact, it was one of the best buffet restaurants I have been to., There are lots of tables that are away from the main crowd do you should be able to enjoy a nice meal.

As a previous poster (Gary) has said, you are going out of the UK term holidays so it shouldn't be too busy. I find the scandavians to be very polite and courteous when it come to children and noise.

Also remember, if you end up in an area that you find too noisy, you can always move. The resort is really big and there are some quiet areas (although some are shady) where you can get some peace.

Will it be too noisy for you? I cant answer that one as I dont know you.

Sit back and relax and enjoy your holiday!

Edited: 5:02 am, April 15, 2013
Kolbotn, Norway
Level Contributor
386 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please can any one re assure us about this hotel?

You are only in the school holiday period for Sweden and as the other reviewer mentioned Scandinavian childeren tend to be polite and well behaved.The normal period for school holidays in Scandinavia is from Midsummers night ,I can not imagine that the hotel would be full of children this early in the holiday period as most working families would choose July or August as a prefered holiday period. Enjoy your stay .

10. Re: Please can any one re assure us about this hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 18, 2014