We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonneland, Gran Canaria

scarborough, uk
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sonneland, Gran Canaria

Hi am going to stay at Vista Dorada apts, in Sonneland, any input would be appreciated as I've heard loads of awful reviews (plus a few good ones). Also will the weather be good.

Dorset
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sonneland, Gran Canaria

Hi gilly1sugar

Im alson planning a week there in mid January 2009. The reviews seem mixed but for the money I'm sure it will be ok. After all how long do you actually spend inside?? Hope your holiday is a good one. Simon

scarborough, uk
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sonneland, Gran Canaria

Hi Simon, well we had a brilliant time, weather was amazing. The apartments were big enough for the 3 of us. A separate bedroom with twin beds and a sofa bed in the livingroom/kitchen. Large bathroom with plenty of hot water. Be prepared to adopt a cat or two for the week, but they're all well looked after and fed and watered. Theres only a couple of restaurants nearby, but if you walk to Faro2, theres loads. Its about 3/4 hour walk to the beach, but worth it, again lots of restraunts there. Taxis were about 4 euro to Playa del Ingles. We went to the Yumbo centre everynight. Be sure to check out Rickys cabaret bar for the best drag night ever!! Reception will book a taxi for you. Anyway have a great time, and let me know what you thought !! - Gill

Dorset
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sonneland, Gran Canaria

Hi Gill

Thanks for that. Have now booked a week up for mid January so fingers crossed weather is okay though I doubt their rainy season is anything like ours!!! Sun and beach for a week, can't wait. Will check out venues mentioned and others no doubt and will let you know my thoughts. Happy New Year. Simon

4. Re: Sonneland, Gran Canaria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Maspalomas