We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget hotels near shopping centres

Which Maspalomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fajara, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
budget hotels near shopping centres

Hi,

I am looking at going to Maspalamas for a shopping trip.

Does anyone know of a good safe budget hotel for a single woman near the shops/shopping centre. I don't need the beach as i am going only to shop.

any advice would be helpful

thanks

Gran Canaria, Spain
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: budget hotels near shopping centres

You could stay in the south and get a bus to Las Palmas (getting a taxi to El Corte Inglés if you want a big department store) and go to El Muelle, which is a big covered shopping centre by the port. Both El Muelle and ECI don't close during siesta. Many other shops on main streets do. El Muelle has branches of most big Spanish chains plus C&A.

If you're buying cameras etc, choose to buy either from supermarkets like Carrefour, or stores like El Corte Inglés or Maya in Las Palmas (and in Vecindario - on the Avenida de Canarias - and Maya in Vecindario doesn't close at lunchtime either).

If you're in the south, the only place I would personally risk buying from is Visanta, which you can find in the Yumbo in Playa del Inglés or in the Varadero shopping centre in Meloneras (Meloneras starts just beyond the lighthouse at Maspalomas,and there are quite a lot of luxury shops there.

As for cheap hotels, it depends on your budget. And it's worth scouring hotel sites on the net for deals.

Fajara, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: budget hotels near shopping centres

35110 thanks so much

very informative and helpful

regards

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
585 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: budget hotels near shopping centres

Hi fajaragirl, try www.gran-canaria-info.com there is an english guy on there (avedelparaiso)thats his name who lives in Las Palmas probably he could give you loads of info.

14. Re: budget hotels near shopping centres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Maspalomas