We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers to Masplomas

Which Maspalomas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
39 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers to Masplomas

Could anyone please advise the best way to travel from the airport to Masplomas. We are travelling with 3 adults and 2 children. We are not sure whether to book taxis in advance or rely on an airport taxi. Appreciate any advise as we have never visted the Island before

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers to Masplomas

We stayed in Maspalomas and used the taxi firm below, we were greeted by the driver as we came out of the departure area, whisked in to a new Mercedes and half an hour later we were by the hotel pool sipping a cocktail. The people on our flight that had to either queue for a taxi or get the hotel transfer bus arrived later........much later. Well worth booking.

www.canaryforum.com/transfers/transfers.html

Gran Canaria, Spain
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers to Masplomas

Contact Ray at Gran Canaria transfers for a quote on any of these numbers phone directly from the UK :-

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
600 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers to Masplomas

We always use OWEN at www.canaryforum.com very reliable and efficient, we used him November there were 4 adults and 2 children, also you can book child seats with him, think it cost us about £90 for return. You can fill in the booking form and get a price without having to commit yourself.

Gran Canaria, Spain
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers to Masplomas

Gran Canaria transfers are cheaper.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
39 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers to Masplomas

THIS IS NOT A TAXI FIRM. DO NOT USE

This is just a guy making extra money and not insured.

I paid 140 euro for two taxis two ways and he collected us in a jeep and a dodgy car he was repairing that he does on the side. I had requested 2 child seats and assured we would have them but they didn't have any. I confirmed the return time and he turned up early because he had another pick up. We arrived 5 mins early when he was stressing so went looking for our mates who were informed of that the taxi would be there at 17.30. He had our money and left all our cases on the side of the road at 17.32 knowing I had 2 young children. He owes us 70 euros and the tax man alot more

Lancashire
Level Contributor
39 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers to Masplomas

Sorry I didn't confirm the taxi trasnfer firm

Gran Canaria Transfers - Ray

THIS IS NOT A TAXI FIRM. DO NOT USE

This is just a guy making extra money and not insured.

I paid 140 euro for two taxis two ways and he collected us in a jeep and a dodgy car he was repairing that he does on the side. I had requested 2 child seats and assured we would have them but they didn't have any. I confirmed the return time and he turned up early because he had another pick up. We arrived 5 mins early when he was stressing so went looking for our mates who were informed of that the taxi would be there at 17.30. He had our money and left all our cases on the side of the road at 17.32 knowing I had 2 young children. He owes us 70 euros and the tax man alot more

Gran Canaria, Spain
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers to Masplomas

Oh ok did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
600 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers to Masplomas

NEVER use anyone else only OWEN at www.canaryforum.com have never had any trouble with transfers, he is tops for reliability and effeciency. when there has been only 2 of us we have had a fab volvo limo type car.

9. Re: Transfers to Masplomas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Maspalomas